WANTED - TRIUMPH ROCKET BELLY PAN

B&W

Standard Bore
Ride
Roadster
LOOKING FOR A TRIUMPH ROCKEY BELLY PAN AND BRACKETS NOT OVER WORRIED ABOUT CONDITION AS IT WILL BE GETTING SPRAYED WHY???

Only one I have seen advertised and agree - looks 'nasty' :whitstling::whitstling::roll:
Dave Gill is currently protyping bellypans which are also cut out to suit the triumph crash bars. Should be ready to roll soon. He runs the rocket 3 modifications Facebook page where you can also find a link to his shop. He does some pretty tasty custom parts that seem to be well rated.

Good to hear that Dave Gill is going to do one but current state of affairs re belly pans I wrote up and posted recently

Belly pan fairings
Besides the difficult to contact Evilbob version in the UK, this other UK seller has a similar model but the brackets are not fitted and pre-drilled and it is a bit tricky marking the hole location required. The brackets are fitted to the bike first and then you have to figure out the exact spot to drill the holes in the bellypan to match. Not easy with the bracket inside the belly pan.

If anyone has any ideas how to best achieve just four correctly positioned holes please volunteer and provide suggestions.

I have considered using rare earth magnets to locate the holes from the outside of the belly pan, jamming a thin tipped felt tipped pen in the holes of the brackets to mark the inside of the belly pan once located but neither seems particularly accurate. Why the hell he didn't make up a jig and pre-drill them is a real mystery and PITA.

The last one he listed sold 20 Mar but he relists regularly.
TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 BELLYPAN CHIN SPOILER ROCKET3 ROCKET 111 BUG SPOILER | eBay
I bought one off him for £110 late last year but he has upped the price to £120 but at least you don't get slugged the £62.05 shipping to Oz.

They will fit with std OEM crash bars but I will need to modify brackets to fit the German Fehling front bar
Fehling

imagec6fd27091e76.jpg

Fitted this weekend with assistance form @ChrisACT and his flash bike lift.

@Ishrub - It occurs to me that if you had a really nice bright LED lamp of some sort which you put inside the belly pan, you could line it up where you want it and you might be able to see the brackets (or their shadows) through the fibreglass enough to mark where the bolt holes in the brackets are.

That was my belly pan on the 20th. If you want one contact 2011creativegrp and he will list one for you to purchase at your request. As far as drilling holes goes you'll have to think outside of the box. I am fitting some 38mm crash bars prior to fitting the belly pan. I will photo the process and post on here but I guess it will involve black tape to keep in position and then offer the brackets up on the outside. A case of not rushing, measure thrice, drill once and cross my fingers. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
That was my belly pan on the 20th. If you want one contact 2011creativegrp and he will list one for you to purchase at your request. As far as drilling holes goes you'll have to think outside of the box. I am fitting some 38mm crash bars prior to fitting the belly pan. I will photo the process and post on here but I guess it will involve black tape to keep in position and then offer the brackets up on the outside. A case of not rushing, measure thrice, drill once and cross my fingers. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking forward to see you sort this out and document it!:thumbsup::thumbsup::notworthy:

Once you crack it make a cardboard template and flog them for 10 quid each to the eBay seller so he can included with the kit.;):D

Back