Chromes are holding great. 3,000 mile trip and they performed flawlessly. Reminded me of the time I went from the OEM Dunlop tires to Avon Cobras on my Valkyrie. Avon does wonders on the touring bike.

B0FA57E1-9C78-449B-8C68-4D16F5C44425.jpeg

New Avon chrome for the rear ordered from bikebandit. Figured time to get rid of the recall tire. Did not go with the recall free replacement. I got my money's worth and Happy with that. Thought about Metzelers 888 but after seeing what Glen went through decided that is not a good idea. Besides i like the Chromes very much. Yes ride with a 150 up front and it handles great. Best tires i have found for the Roadster by far.

I just put Avon Chrome's on my wife's HD Fat Boy. (Still waiting on that manufacturer's rebate though... it's been two months yesterday!!) Avon's have yet to let me down and, for my riding style, have had the best grip in all weather. I'll let you know if that changes.
-MIG

I just put Avon Chrome's on my wife's HD Fat Boy. (Still waiting on that manufacturer's rebate though... it's been two months yesterday!!) Avon's have yet to let me down and, for my riding style, have had the best grip in all weather. I'll let you know if that changes.
-MIG

I got the rebate card then I got another e-mail telling me there was an issue and they are sending me another card?

I would have gotten the tires with or without the rebate. i am not getting the warm and fuzzy feeling with all of this extra crap.

I got the rebate card then I got another e-mail telling me there was an issue and they are sending me another card?

I would have gotten the tires with or without the rebate. i am not getting the warm and fuzzy feeling with all of this extra crap.

Agreed. I as well...
-MIG

I will be receiving my brand spanking new rear Cobra Chrome tire from BikeBandit free of charge tomorrow by UPS. It took about a month to get this sorted out concerning the recall but A&S will be putting the new tire on hopefully by Friday. Approx. 1,300 miles on the front Cobra and a new rear. They should need changing at about the same time now.

I have about 14,000 miles on the Chromes. Back tire is still good but ready to play it save. Front tire still looks new. Figure 14,000 got my money's worth and wrote a letter to Avon.Told them tires are less than a year old but placed some miles on them under all Conditions and not only liked the idea that they blew their own whistle but got my money's worth. To me a refund would not be right. Looking forward to the new tire.

Back