Boony

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster. Black and shiny.
I replaced the rear Bridgestone with the Cobra Chrome before a trip last month. The new tyre seemed better than the Bridgestone. A week ago I replaced the front Avon Cobra 140 with a Cobra Chrome 150. So now both the front and rear are Cobra Chromes. As a combination they are easily the best tyres I have used on the Rocket. Stability is vastly improved and the overall handling is much better. I have used Cobras and Bridgestones, with Cobras front and rear and Bridgestones front and rear and also in combination. Nothing comes close to the confidence the Chromes give me.

If you are looking for new tyres for the Rocket (which is all of us, regularly) check them out, You won't be disappointed.

I replaced the rear Bridgestone with the Cobra Chrome before a trip last month. The new tyre seemed better than the Bridgestone. A week ago I replaced the front Avon Cobra 140 with a Cobra Chrome 150. So now both the front and rear are Cobra Chromes. As a combination they are easily the best tyres I have used on the Rocket. Stability is vastly improved and the overall handling is much better. I have used Cobras and Bridgestones, with Cobras front and rear and Bridgestones front and rear and also in combination. Nothing comes close to the confidence the Chromes give me.

If you are looking for new tyres for the Rocket (which is all of us, regularly) check them out, You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the tip. I am taking wheels to powder coaters soon and was thinking whether to go with the Chrome or not, decision is now made, thank you.

I just replaced my rear Avon with a Bridgestone (Exedra Max). Can't really tell much difference, but I don't do twisties and such.
I'm just glad I had a new tire on when some b***ch made a U-turn coming toward me into my lane and then just stopped in the middle of the road. Left some of that tire right there, it sounded like.
I like the Exedra so far, though. Still have a cobra on the front.

I changed from Metzzlers to Avon Cobra for longevity, and I just bought a set of Chrome, but only installed the rear, front has a few miles left. They all had good grip, only thing that I noticed was quicker turn in on the Cobra due to more pointed profile.
How about traction when you hammer on the throttle?

agree about 2 months back i did the same with my rear; swapped the big STone with the cobra chrome- much better handling especially in the twists a noticeable difference. I still have the Avon 140 up front (non-chrome) but will be moving to the 150 chrome you have very soon.

How about traction when you hammer on the throttle?

I tried a 200 rear, didn't seem much different than the 180, except it cancelled out the quicker turn in I initially noticed when I switched from Metz to Cobras, so I went back to 180 rear. I really never hammer the throttle from a standstill, I can't afford to pay for broken stuff now that I'm retired, but it didn't seem to make a difference in slower speed wheelspin when solo, it did maybe pick up the front a little easier with a pillion.

Back