So then stock configuration with the rear axle a half inch lower than the front axle and you reckon it handles better in the twisties?

I never said that - not my words bro.

Simply that I am running stock sizes.

I do like the way it handles for me, its stable and confidence inspiring but I don't ride like I am on a race track, I am not that good and don't profess to be.

Maybe the guy that made the statement can chime in.

I never said that - not my words bro.

Simply that I am running stock sizes.

I do like the way it handles for me, its stable and confidence inspiring but I don't ride like I am on a race track, I am not that good and don't profess to be.

Maybe the guy that made the statement can chime in.

Gratitude for your response.

You are indeed running the stock configuration and there is no problem at all with that.

Correct. The bike is incredibly stable and the handling feels noticeably better.
correct; the bigger front tire sure albeit slightly bulldogs does handle better and the ride is better. I don't care if it eats the front more the handling especially the top end is noticeable bike easily jumps to the 110mph and beyond. (you don't get that huge gap like you do with the 140 size) Also the turns and twists the word i would use is 'assured' just feels much better/safer. net/net Run the stock sizes for your rocket if it feels too much weight maybe need to consider a lighter bike.

Last edited:
correct; the bigger front tire sure albeit slightly bulldogs does handle better and the ride is better. I don't care if it eats the front more the handling especially the top end is noticeable bike easily jumps to the 110mph and beyond. (you don't get that huge gap like you do with the 140 size) Also the turns and twists the word i would use is 'assured' just feels much better/safer. net/net Run the stock sizes for your rocket if it feels too much weight maybe need to consider a lighter bike.
The 140 front tires are a good choice for the twisty back roads in our area and no instability on the open highway

Its amazing how much softer the ride is with the 150. Of course the axle being higher in the frontalso helps smooth out the ruffness. I noticed it when I switched to the 140. Now the 150 rear on front to me does seem a little softer even though the axle height is below the rear you can feel the difference in the harshness. Now after working on the suspension front and back the 140 is softer but I suspect the 150/70/17 rear on front will be even smoother.

Back