canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
dont think my Rocket will be done for riding season he has not even finished my tank, he’s just fitting me in he’s 70 and I don’t want to be a pest, he’s amazing doesn’t take small jobs as a rule and when he’s finished I’m sure it will be worth the wait.
So I was looking at other bikes so I don’t miss riding season and came across this 2011 Rocket with 38km he was asking $7,900 now dropped down to $7,000 or best offer.
So made me think since I’m spending all this money to customize my 05 why not buy this 2011 and put all my custom parts on that and sell my 05 this way I’ll have a newer one that’s customized.
Then I started to think why not get newer one that has the Nev cams in or Carpenter kit have fun with it until my bike is all done and then put all parts on newer bike, is that crazy?
Is the Rocket really loosing that much value? If so what is a 05 worth ? I thought on adverage 05 is worth at least $7,000 ? Unless this 2011 is just cheap because he needs the money?
I know there’s nothing wrong with my bike I would hate to buy one newer and have a lemon:(
Am I crazy? For thinking this or just be patient and wait for my 05 knowing it’s all good and only has 35,000 miles on it.
And just perhaps buy a small cheap other fun bike until my bike is all done?

Brother, you are crazy for not having a bike to ride period. (Or at least I think so). I went for 9 months without riding after my VMAX crash and almost went nuts. Then went over two years without a bike after hitting Bambi on my FZ1. I made every scheduled factory demo ride to maintain sanity until I could afford my next bike. The God smiled on me and brought Brahma into my life. Get the other bike now and enjoy it as is till the first one is ready then start modifying the second bike in a different way. Always have a back up...

dont think my Rocket will be done for riding season ...
And just perhaps buy a small cheap other fun bike until my bike is all done?

Go with your gut and get the 2nd Rocket (the only thing better than having 1 - or maybe 3 or more I guess).

My true love (left, SHHHH) and her nemesis. I try to prevent any jealousy by riding the backup occasionally and buying her nice upgrades from time to time.

myR3s.JPG

Last edited:
What year did they Change from 05? Would a 2011 be exactly like my 05? The gas tank fitting and everything else? Hate to buy a newer one and all my parts I’m getting made for my 05 doesn’t fit my newer one, that would suck.
Or I was thinking of just getting a small fun bike and have fun with that until My Rocket is done, then my wife could ride it.
What’s a small fun powerful bike that I would enjoy and yet light enough and small enough my wife could ride?

I have seen brand new Rocket Roadster for as low as $11,000 on the net. Have kicked the idea around a few times about buying one and fixing it up. Go figure the cost of the new bikes offered and the price of a new Rocket it is really tempting to just buy number two and run with it.;););););)

Yeah it’s crazy how bikes depreciated, I’m thinking of V-Max 06 for like $5,000 that would be a fun bike and light enough for my wife to ride later?

DIFFERENT on your 2005 to 2011

Diff, drive shaft, oil tank pipe diameter is smaller, instruments, ecu and wiring looms. Wheels, ABS and exhaust from header outlet back. Sump plate, frame slightly at lugs near rear footpeg rail mounts, Footpegs, footpeg rails, brake lines, gear levers, brake levers. Fork lower legs and wheel spacers etc.

Back