2009 Rocket III Classic fairing

RIchareno

.020 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket III Classic
Got a new girl in my life (other than my Rocket) and she wants to ride. Time to reinstall the passenger seat and back rest and add some saddle bags. I have a windscreen, but hate the look of screens (and fairings for that matter), but I need her to be comfy and think some wind protection would help. Does anyone have a line on a good fairing (preferably already painted black but not a deal breaker) that would fit an '09 Classic?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_074420413.jpg
    IMG_20231230_074420413.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 11
Start by reading this thread from a week or so ago, saves me re-posting. ;):cool::roll::roll::roll:

If you are looking for a great pair of Triumph accessory quality leather pannier bags I have a set with the stock Triumph brackets/frames or/and with a custom stainless steel Quick Detach system made by @Mittzy here in Australia.

The Mittzy Custom SS Quick Detach Pannier brackets that fit the extra slot in the bobbins were sold separately for additional cost by Mittzy and can be fitted directly to the leather panniers WITHOUT using the heavy stock mild steel pannier frame brackets. This reduces the width at rear as well as can be seen in the picture below from Mittzy's instruction sheets.

1704986384786.png

The USA made painted mild steel EZ Brackets use the same mounting method as can be seen/ explained in video in their link.
Scroll down for video in linked page.
finnmoto.com.au

TRIUMPH - EASY DETACHABLE SADDLEBAG BRACKETS SET

We offer all different types of Easy Brackets for Triumph owners, covering fitments for America, Speedmaster, Thunderbird, Rocket 3, Adventurer and more. Whatever model, chances are we have your Easy Bracket ready to install.
finnmoto.com.au
finnmoto.com.au

1704984845111.png

They are a stainless copy of the EZ Brackets made and sold in the USA for the Triumph Rocket III but are much stronger and don't rust.
The US made ones are Au$300 here in Oz.
finnmoto.com.au

TRIUMPH - EASY DETACHABLE SADDLEBAG BRACKETS SET

We offer all different types of Easy Brackets for Triumph owners, covering fitments for America, Speedmaster, Thunderbird, Rocket 3, Adventurer and more. Whatever model, chances are we have your Easy Bracket ready to install.
finnmoto.com.au
finnmoto.com.au
I had these mild steel USA EZ Brackets on my first Rocket Roadster also using the stock brackets and it makes the panniers mount too wide and with the extra leverage when loaded (over) they eventually broke the tabs but they were easily re-welded and are now owned and owned/used by a long term NZ forum member @phar2slo . The Triumph leather pannier bags are quite big and heavy and would require shipping to be split in two parcels but can they be filled with the other bits. The heavy bit is the steel pannier frames.

au.fowlersparts.co.uk

LEATHER PANNIERS - TRIUMPH ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER | TRIUMPH ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER LEATHER PANNIERS SUPPLIED NEXT DAY (UK ONLY) BY FOWLERS PARTS

Triumph ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER | Leather Panniers supplied next day (UK only). Available at Fowlers Parts, the UK's No.1 Motorcycle Parts Supplier.
au.fowlersparts.co.uk
au.fowlersparts.co.uk

1704983958894.png

I have the NOS in box Chrome Dresser rail kits A9738088 as in photo below.
These bolt onto the steel stock pannier frames.in the image above.

au.fowlersparts.co.uk

PANNIERS DRESSER RAIL KIT - TRIUMPH ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER | TRIUMPH ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER PANNIERS DRESSER RAIL KIT SUPPLIED NEXT DAY (UK ONLY) BY FOWLERS PARTS

Triumph ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER | Panniers Dresser Rail Kit supplied next day (UK only). Available at Fowlers Parts, the UK's No.1 Motorcycle Parts Supplier.
au.fowlersparts.co.uk
au.fowlersparts.co.uk
1704984329218.png

1704984125679.png

The Mittzy Custom SS Quick Detach Sissy bar brackets and bolt/bobbins fits your existing Triumph Sissy bar and replaces the side plate brackets for use with or without the rack (same as the Triumph set up). and
the Mittzy Custom SS Quick Detach Pannier brackets.

My pricing:
Au$1 is US$0.66

Mittzy Custom SS Quick Detach Sissy bar brackets and bolt/bobbins Au$350 (US$230)
Mittzy Custom SS Quick Detach Pannier brackets Au$250 (US$165)
The Triumph OEM leather panniers I have for sale are in great condition and I can get them from my storage for some photos this week end.
They were about Au$1500 a set new but I will sell for Au$600 . The factory heavy steel pannier brackets will make it at least Au$200 extra to post but I would need to pack to see final weights.

Unfortunately if you don't use the factory Triumph steel frame brackets with the Mittzy Custom pannier brackets you cannot fit the Triumph accessory Dresser rails.

Back