Rocket III aftermarket Speedometer.

Matt15

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3
Hello Guys

I'm looking for some clarification regarding aftermarket Speedometers. I have a 2006 Roadster and was wanting to know if it's possible to switch out my clusters for a single cluster with Tach and speedometer in one.?

My current research has given me conflicting information. Saying that the Roadsters have a canbus Speedometer? Which makes its very difficult to fit anything aftermarket. Yet some people say the canbus Speedometer was fitted to later models? Anyone know if this is possible?

Appreciate your Replies.

Yes, you can use KOSO and Dakota etc instrument clusters because your 2006 dual headlight model is NOT an dual headlight ABS Roadster despite many calling the 2004-2009 dual headlight Rocket III Standards/Classics and 'Tourer' marketing packages so. But they are NOT Roadsters which was the model designation for 2010 -2018 Rocket III's with ABS and CANBUS.
All the dual headlight models have 17" front and 16" rear wheels and a different frame to the single headlight models.

Completely different (but with same engine and radiator) are the SINGLE headlight, hard bagged, Rocket IIII Touring which 2008-2012 was without ABS but then ABS versions with same model name from 2013 - 2018 both with 16" wheels front and rear.

Yes, you can use KOSO and Dakota etc instrument clusters because your 2006 dual headlight model is NOT an dual headlight ABS Roadster despite many calling the 2004-2009 dual headlight Rocket III Standards/Classics and 'Tourer' marketing packages so. But they are NOT Roadsters which was the model designation for 2010 -2018 Rocket III's with ABS and CANBUS.
All the dual headlight models have 17" front and 16" rear wheels and a different frame to the single headlight models.

Completely different (but with same engine and radiator) are the SINGLE headlight, hard bagged, Rocket IIII Touring which 2008-2012 was without ABS but then ABS versions with same model name from 2013 - 2018 both with 16" wheels front and rear.
There is one touring model with a 17in front and soon to be this year also one will have a 17in rear 😎 😉

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Very appreciated.

Imo just delete both and put in a obdII linked digital gauge on it. Plenty of them to go around and some really nice stuff too that uses GPS for speed and have plug in sensors similar to the tpms screw on style but for heat temps like oil and coolant and pressure senders. They are $$$ though. I don't know what brands are best but I have seen them on custom built bikes before.

Imo just delete both and put in a obdII linked digital gauge on it. Plenty of them to go around and some really nice stuff too that uses GPS for speed and have plug in sensors similar to the tpms screw on style but for heat temps like oil and coolant and pressure senders. They are $$$ though. I don't know what brands are best but I have seen them on custom built bikes before.
Very good idea. May be easier to install aswell?

If anyone has installed either an aftermarket gauge or obd connected gauge on their Roadster please share your experience.

If anyone has installed either an aftermarket gauge or obd connected gauge on their Roadster please share your experience.
See similar threads like below THAT APEEAR UNDER EVERY THREAD or do a SEARCH.
A past member @barbagris did a lot of research with them on his pre-CANBUS Rocket III and was an electronics / computer engineer.
So search posts of his to find threads he started or contributed to.

Back