RocketMang70

.020 Over
Ride
New 2023 Rocket 3 GT , Hayabusa gen 3
Howdy Partners,

I know I just got the bike and have to get used to riding position coming from a busa. However, has anyone had tailbone butt pain issue with stock seat? Solutions? I used a thin gel pad today on way to work seemed to help a little.

Thanks for any feedback.

I used to get a fair amount of tailbone pain on my America cruiser which had feet forward pegs. When I switched to the Roadster which placed the pegs under the rider it disappeared. You might want to try an R which has a similar config. The peg position can be switched on the GT to an R if it helps.

I used to get a fair amount of tailbone pain on my America cruiser which had feet forward pegs. When I switched to the Roadster which placed the pegs under the rider it disappeared. You might want to try an R which has a similar config. The peg position can be switched on the GT to an R if it helps.
I do like the riding position, but now that I think about it, the mid pegs may be better than a new seat. thanks

Yep....mid pegs help reduce the discomfort resulting from shocks up through the rear wheel.
The rear suspension has a short travel to absorb the shocks from the rear end, so definitely worth not having the whole of you body weight planted on the bike just through the seat. If you hit a bump with feet forward set up it's painful.
Also worth getting the suspension set up properly.

Yep....mid pegs help reduce the discomfort resulting from shocks up through the rear wheel.
The rear suspension has a short travel to absorb the shocks from the rear end, so definitely worth not having the whole of you body weight planted on the bike just through the seat. If you hit a bump with feet forward set up it's painful.
Also worth getting the suspension set up properly.
Thank you so much! Love this bike. I found it strange that the seat is actually wicked comfortable and high quality. ... then my arss hurting didn't make sense. Ok off to the manual to figure out adjustments. Lol

While i had my feet pegs all the way forward for a bit for my long legs, riding like a Mexican frijole didn't worked for me. Center position is better, adjust height of handlebar instead

While i had my feet pegs all the way forward for a bit for my long legs, riding like a Mexican frijole didn't worked for me. Center position is better, adjust height of handlebar instead
So you did mid controls and riser?

Back