gauge clusters aftermarket

Menorel71

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 Rocket Classic
Looking to add a bit of tech to my 05 Classic.

Has anyone found a digital cluster that can be made to work with the R3? Planes are to set the OEM set aside and use the other set while I enjoy riding it, and tak esome were and tear off the original equipment.

I just don't see anything out there on the after-market, would basically be looking for something like the 2020+ display screen.

Looking to add a bit of tech to my 05 Classic.

Has anyone found a digital cluster that can be made to work with the R3? Planes are to set the OEM set aside and use the other set while I enjoy riding it, and tak esome were and tear off the original equipment.

I just don't see anything out there on the after-market, would basically be looking for something like the 2020+ display screen.
This has been done, but not sure if you can buy the right dakota digital display anymore.
Stephen Cotter (not sure if he's on here?) think he's in Ireland & on 'Rocket 3 parts for sale' on Facebook, he did it to his 05.

Last edited:
These might work 🤔

Attachments

• 20221021_182650.jpg
    20221021_182650.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 37
If you search Dakota or Koso here in the forums you should find quite a few threads and model numbers options etc.
Make sure your search is 'evrey where' and not just the the thread your in at the time.

It is not a case of just plugging in - you have to rewire the 20-way connector to suit your new gauge cluster. If you are reasonably good with a crimping tool and circuit diagram, then it's not a biggie. There are quite a few threads on the subject to talk you through the process

is it a complicated process to swap out the cluster or is it as simple as plugging it in?
AND a really BIG point........only for early pre ABS Rocket IIIs after ABS arrived you can ONLY use the factory instruments matched to the correct ECU series. There are I believe 2 ABS ECU versions, one covers up to 2016 models.

Back