Wow. Just got off the phone with Colvin Motorcycles in Oklahoma city. Long phone conversation and the guy knows his #hit. Says when the time comes bring cable and laptop with tune ECU and he can tune it via a dyno. Had them do some engine work on a Bonneville years ago. Was very happy with the results. He said that primarily they work on vintage bikes and Triumphs. His knowledge of rockets is impressive. Very familiar with Tune ECU. He did add that it would take awhile to tune properly like the better part of a day. So when the times comes be prepared to show up early and a full tank of gas. Really getting excited about this latest upgrade and the final results. More low end and mid range torque would be nice. Very nice. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
HOW bout a more agressive set of cams and springs lifters and a set of pistons while your at it and really pep it up youll love it with a BIG JUMP in POWER

Not. Maybe the next Rocket. The Rocket X has 50,000 and gets rode everyday. Will keep it as my everyday bike. (reliability) Now we are planning on buying a 2018 Brand new Roadster and that bike will be shipped directly to Carpenter for a 260 kit and transmission improvement. Figured the new one will be Sunday good weather bike. Plan on all the upgrades such as suspension and lights along with a sharp paint job. Should in up with a real screamer. For everyday riding believe the modifications on the X will work out just fine. Best of both worlds i would say. One for riding and one for tearing it up:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Wow. Just got off the phone with Colvin Motorcycles in Oklahoma city. Long phone conversation and the guy knows his #hit. Says when the time comes bring cable and laptop with tune ECU and he can tune it via a dyno. Had them do some engine work on a Bonneville years ago. Was very happy with the results. He said that primarily they work on vintage bikes and Triumphs. His knowledge of rockets is impressive. Very familiar with Tune ECU. He did add that it would take awhile to tune properly like the better part of a day. So when the times comes be prepared to show up early and a full tank of gas. Really getting excited about this latest upgrade and the final results. More low end and mid range torque would be nice. Very nice. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Really good to hear sonny. I’ve been talking to him as well and been to his shop a couple of times. Let me know when you’re coming, I want to watch, lunch is on me.

Your on. Figure around the middle of February. Cams will not be in until end of this month. Employment hours and free time figure will be bout right. Will keep in touch. This guy is sharp knows his way around a Rocket very impressed.

Was hoping to get my parts in from Hermy's today. Shipped two days ago but not here yet. Parts in hand figure it will be time to start this next upgrade. Hey Mad Dog this guy has a good rep. and is highly recommended by a lot of people. Really looking forward to this upgrade and believe we have all of are ducks in a row to make it happen.

Sounds like a good plan Sonny. I have PCV in my bike with dyno tune but thats all. We tuned it with the end result goal being a smooth efficient tune giving me good air/fuel level. The result was very pleasing with a nice even power curve. I get around 15kms per litre on a 300km ride so am happy with that.
I had her on the dyno recently at a bike show and the result was 153.5hp at the rear wheel. Thats with K&N pods and Jardine headers and cans so not too bad.
I'm thinking if you do something similar to your x you'll be happy with it as an every day ride.

Ramair, Paul's three into one and the man in the tin sheds street cams. Plus a really good tune via Tune Ecu. Should make for one hel$ of a ride. Torque, Torque and more Torque low end and mid range. Reliability and a lot of get and go. How can you go wrong with that? :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Plus while i have her down plan on getting the fly screen brackets and top tree on forks powder coated black. Nuts and bolts will remain chrome. Kind of thinking about doing up the seat while shes down in better support and snakeskin. Seat upgrades are gonna cost but figure with the new Cobra silvers tires it should all tie in rather well. Gonna be a lot of high dollar Harley riders out there that ain't going to like it when I Shi5 and grin not only in looks but also performance. FOR THE RIDE.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Should make for one hel$ of a ride.
122_13_z+2005_yamaha_v-max_vs_2005_triumph_rocket_III+.jpg

Back