Turbo size :updated, turbo installed now.

lunatic

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
What size turbo are we using on our bikes?I read a couple post on here, there is some good info. I didnt find what turbo size we are using.

What size turbo are we using on our bikes?I read a couple post on here, there is some good info. I didnt find what turbo size we are using.

To answer my own question. I got in contact with BSA Bob who has done a few turbo rockets. I have the stock turbo from a GMC Syclone. When I upgraded the turbo on it, I kept the stock turbo. Its has been under my bench for years waiting for something.. Now its going on my bike! Mitsubishi TD06-17C 8 cm² Its rated at 300-400hp for a 2300cc motor. This should be a fun winter project.

Last edited:
We will be waiting and taking notes. Good luck with it

Finally finished it up this weekend. Been a long winter project. Here are some pictures, wish I would have taken more.

20191210_204318.jpg
20200117_222109.jpg
20200211_163849.jpg
20200228_161445.jpg
20200215_160849.jpg
20200215_225010.jpg
20200412_184416.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the exhaust. However, your intake manifold is likely to cause you grief. You will have uneven, and pulsed boost to the cylinders. The log should have at least double the volume of the runners combined, the runners all symmetrical, and an internal baffle used to partially separate the inlet section of the log from the runner entries. You can run the system crazy rich to cover up the problems, but a good system will make the same hp with lower boost.

What will you be doing for water or meth injection? Are you adding more injectors for the extra fuel needed or going with bigger injectors?

I went with bigger injectors. I have plans of a larger intake, 3" down pipe, meth injection and back cut gears after this ridding season is over.. I'm kinda worried the transmission will go out if I do the improvements listed. For now I'm going to ride it as is till next fall, then tear into it again this winter. This is kinda a evolving project as I go.

What are you using to adjust fueling, and do you have a dyno sheet? We need this kind of motorcycle p0rn to look at during the pandemic lockdown. :inlove
Who am I trying to fool? We need this kind of stuff anytime. :thumbsup:

What are you using to adjust fueling, and do you have a dyno sheet? We need this kind of motorcycle p0rn to look at during the pandemic lockdown. :inlove
Who am I trying to fool? We need this kind of stuff anytime. :thumbsup:
Im using a combination of tune-ecu and PCV with pressure based fuel and timing. Just recently purchased a power commander pod 300 that has data logging. Not sure when I'll make it to a dyno with the all the shut downs. For now I'm going to tune it myself with the auto-tune and the pod 300.

Back