LSR Turbo Rocket III, part two

SpazOnaR3

.060 Over
Ride
'04 R3 LSR
Howdy all, once again!

First and foremost, I apologize for being MIA for the last half a year. New shop happenend, then moved a few months later, and other life stuff came about. Currently I'm scrambling to get V2 of the LSR triumph up and running for Bonneville Speed Week 2021 and The AMA/FIM motorcycle speed trials in AUG/SEP.

Details to follow, but I'd figure I'll post some teaser shots of the mods in progress........ :)
...new forks
...new 17" rear wheel
...new intercooler
...new turbo placement & manifold
...carpenter head/cams
...custom CP rods & pistons

More to come when I get a minute to post it. :) One week left to get it all together!

Attachments

• 20210714_213813.jpg
    20210714_213813.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Chasis and fairing 1.jpg
    Chasis and fairing 1.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 114
  • collector and forks.jpg
    collector and forks.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Forks 1.jpg
    Forks 1.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 109
  • forks 2.jpg
    forks 2.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Header 1.jpg
    Header 1.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 129
  • intercooler 1.jpg
    intercooler 1.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Swingarm 1.jpg
    Swingarm 1.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 114
  • port adapter 1.jpg
    port adapter 1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 113
  • port adapter 2.jpg
    port adapter 2.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 113
Howdy all, once again!

First and foremost, I apologize for being MIA for the last half a year. New shop happenend, then moved a few months later, and other life stuff came about. Currently I'm scrambling to get V2 of the LSR triumph up and running for Bonneville Speed Week 2021 and The AMA/FIM motorcycle speed trials in AUG/SEP.

Details to follow, but I'd figure I'll post some teaser shots of the mods in progress........ :)
...new forks
...new 17" rear wheel
...new intercooler
...new turbo placement & manifold
...carpenter head/cams
...custom CP rods & pistons

More to come when I get a minute to post it. :) One week left to get it all together!
What kind of record time/speed are you running against? Expectations? Best of luck!

What kind of record time/speed are you running against? Expectations? Best of luck!
Going to run against the records 4 I set last year for the SCTA (M-BF/M-BG/MPS-BF/MPS-BG 3000), and run against the same AMA records (which are open). The 2 FIM classes will be nekkid/faired blown 2500cc 3+.

Speeds are going to depend on conditions, but I'd be happy with 190+ nekkid/210 with the partial fairing... this is really unknown territory and I don't want to push it too hard. It will easily have the power, just need it to go straight and have grip. If I'd does that I'll wind it out to 9k and see what happens. If I can get the ECU to let me out to 9.5k I think some 240mph speeds are possible, but I think I'll need more fairing than I'm bringing this time around d to do that. :)

Last edited:
Love the headers! Love everything about this!
That exhaust is borderline ****ography... I machined the flange ports andhmy partner did all the pipe work. That 3-into-1 merge collector was hand made from three 15 degree legs. It's all 16 gage 304 stainless, 2" primaries to a 3" collector/v-band... 40mm turbosmart wastegate hiding back in front of the Garrett G-660 turbo. Even at 4 psi I think this thing is gonna scoot!

Going to run against the records 4 I set last year for the SCTA (M-BF/M-BG/MPS-BF/MPS-BG 3000), and run against the same AMA records (which are open). The 2 FIM classes will be nekkid/faired blown 2500cc 3+.

Speeds are going to depend on conditions, but I'd be happy with 190+ nekkid/210 with the partial fairing... this is really unknown territory and I don't want to push it too hard. It will easily have the power, just need it to go straight and have grip. If I'd does that I'll wind it out to 9k and see what happens. If I can get the ECU to let me out to 9.5k I think some 240mph speeds are possible, but I think I'll need more fairing than I'm bringing this time around d to do that. :)
We all are wishing you well, and want you to succeed.

Back