LSR Turbo Rocket III, part two

Bob, I believe 1 mm is more than you need.i would definitely, use good synthetic oil with a 50 on the second number. But you're the builder not me.

what is the pressure at the oil pressure switch?
Sorry I don’t know, but mine was 50 - 80 coming from the filter end from memory I’ve taken the original motor out and put a 2nd hand 07 one in, so I can hot the original 09 up The head has solid cam buckets, bees hive valve springs, over size valves, and APE head studs, ( not torx bolts ) also ported and flow tested

It was Nev kindly gave me that tip Bob, which i then passed on to you for when fitting the stroker kit.

1658991984874.png

1658992001000.png

1658992022148.png

It was Nev kindly gave me that tip Bob, which i then passed on to you for when fitting the stroker kit.

1658991984874.png

1658992001000.png

1658992022148.png
Hi, I don’t have access to most of my parts or information just using my memory which ain’t very good I’ve ridden less than 1000ks in the last year as my bike’s in storage, and I’m running out of money building this house it’s harder than I expected I’ve grown older, but not up

what is the pressure at the oil pressure switch?
....10-15psi lower than what it is at the filter if I use a sandwich plate... varies with RPM. My situation is a little odd, as I have the turbo feed on the same port... it lowers the effective pressure at the switch location. Modern ball bearing turbos do not require a lot of oil volume (and neither does the sensor), so my adapter has a relatively small hole drilled on the output.... the loss from feeding the turbo pulls it down 5psi or so.

...The situation with the oil pressure happens from all the restrictor/bleed down points between the supply (main gally right out of the oil filter) and the final destination. This motor doesn't make a lot of total oil pressure to begin with (the manual specs 45-ish psi @ 3500RPM iirc... the ZX14 I just did made 90psi @ 11000 RPM)., so multiple restrictions and bleed downs have a big effect. The main bearing at the rear is one bleed, the rear piston squirter is another blled, then it travels up the rear of the block to the banjo bolt (restriction), then the cam girdle (bleed), and then to my sensor.... which has a bleed right after it in the form of a turbo oil feed. I have the sensor essentially where the stock switch was, but outside the fitting after a .125" or so drilled passageway. The turbo doesn't really need much oil, so I'm not worries about that, but having a bleed on the same side as the sensor isolated by all those restrictions lowers the observed pressure significantly.

All that said, I'd like to see more than 45-50psi at the main bearings on something that turns 8k+ rpm. I've been shimming oil pump relief valves for years... just forgot to do it on this one, and you have to split the **** cases.

Back