LSR Turbo Rocket III, part two

Well, she's mildly angry for just 3-4psi on the wastegate. I'm going to throw a little more at it tonight just to have it tuned in that area, but that much power will be pretty good for some baseline/shakedown passes. :)
20220711_225158.jpg

Howdy all, once again!

First and foremost, I apologize for being MIA for the last half a year. New shop happenend, then moved a few months later, and other life stuff came about. Currently I'm scrambling to get V2 of the LSR triumph up and running for Bonneville Speed Week 2021 and The AMA/FIM motorcycle speed trials in AUG/SEP.

Details to follow, but I'd figure I'll post some teaser shots of the mods in progress........ :)
...new forks
...new 17" rear wheel
...new intercooler
...new turbo placement & manifold
...carpenter head/cams
...custom CP rods & pistons

More to come when I get a minute to post it. :) One week left to get it all together!
I can’t wait for episode 3

Me too... hopefully that episode is going to involve much better fairing and trying to figure out how to extend the gearing. A Lot.
I’ve a lot of new parts for mine ( head, cams, stroker kit, back cut gears ) but I’m building a new house so I don’t have the money, place, or time I like your work … my oil pressure gauge pickup came from the sandwich plate which also had feed / return for the oil cooler, and oil feed to the turbo it’s between the oil filter and block
Me too... hopefully that episode is going to involve much better fairing and trying to figure out how to extend the gearing. A Lot.

Last edited:
I’ve a lot of new parts for mine ( head, cams, stroker kit, back cut gears ) but I’m building a new house so I don’t have the money, place, or time I like your work … my oil pressure gauge pickup came from the sandwich plate which also had feed / return for the oil cooler, and oil feed to the turbo it’s between the oil filter and block
A sandwich plate would have been the easy/smart way to do it... I, uhh.... just didn't think of that at the time, to be honest. The take off I made for the back of the head is a nice piece though, if I do say so myself. I did find out the hard way that oil pressure up at that point is significantly lower than it is at the oil filter (10-15psi). I should have shimmed the pressure relief valve before I put it all together... I'm mildly uncomfortable with the stock oil pressure at 8K+ rpm.

A sandwich plate would have been the easy/smart way to do it... I, uhh.... just didn't think of that at the time, to be honest. The take off I made for the back of the head is a nice piece though, if I do say so myself. I did find out the hard way that oil pressure up at that point is significantly lower than it is at the oil filter (10-15psi). I should have shimmed the pressure relief valve before I put it all together... I'm mildly uncomfortable with the stock oil pressure at 8K+ rpm.
Someone suggested to me to put a 1mm shim / washer at the relief valve. I have 9-1 J&E piston and I’m not sure how much more compression there will be with the stroker kit I also have 2 extra injectors which work at full boost I only have a PC3 and a microtec boost computer it puts out 305 HP at 5lbs boost 250ft/ lbs torque the tuner tried 7lbs boost it jumped to 380 HP my turbo is a kinugawa SL 02 TD 6 20 g from memory my motor won’t be high revving but will have a large amount of torque ( rally car grind ) I’d like to show you what’s been done to the head but I don’t pictures anymore my computer died

what is the pressure at the oil pressure switch?

Back