Tuning turbo with PCV problems

Sorry I didn't mean the stock MAP reads boost, I meant mine only gets used for mapping when engine under vacuum. By the time any boost is fed it was onto % throttle map.

The new autotune kits apparently retain the stock o2 sensor, is this the case with yours, or did you stick the autotune o2 sensor into the pipe in place of the stock one?
Assuming if you did you have a stock wiring harness o2 sensor plug blanking plug, or unlocked the box in TuneECU?

Sounds like something up with your ignition module, if you remove that does everything work ok?
(Without going into area of map where timing has to be retarded of course)
Also not sure about the way the stock MAP is still there and the Bosch 3 bar MAP is also wired in, I haven't done the 2 or 3 bar MAP thing myself so cannot help.

I removed the stock o2 sensor and unchecked the box in TuneECU. I am using the wideband o2 that came with the autotune. From my experience with the auto tune, it seems slow to adjust and has a hard time with pressure base tunning. It also wont make adjustments its below 10.00 or above 15 afr. I have had better luck data logging and manually adjusting it with the dynojet power core software. Now I understand why dyno operators charge so much, its very time consuming.

When you tuned for boost, you was adjusting the fuel in the throttle position.
Now I understand why dyno operators charge so much, its very time consuming.

You need to be tuning via LOAD not Throttle Position. It is not a supercharger it is a turbocharger. Get it to a tuner who knows what to do, it will be cheaper than breaking the piston ring lands etc.

Last edited:
Back