trying different tune with dave platts

Depends on how you classify EXPENSIVE. What is NOT BURNING A VALVE worth? - I don't know exactly - but 2-300 quid-ish.

I use a PCV with AutoTune and POD - which is , no doubt, not the cheapest way.

This is what I am using...
LM-2 Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Meter
It also plugs into the bikes' ECU so you data log other channels such as throttle position, air intake temperature, etc. in addition to the Fuel air ratio.

Rick
Thanks guys looks like I have got a lot more research to do:thumbsdown:

Right quick update reloaded hansO tune 20228 good base free flow cat delete ramair anti decel pop plus extra 5.Was getting hesitation at 2500rpm to 3000 rpm 1st and 2nd gear.Taken bike out today had same thing again so took her on a bit of a run. Now running like a dream smooth through all gears no hesitation.Seems a lot quicker no decel popping and sounds awesome. Still running standard air box so leaving the set up as it is. just want to see what mpg is but really not bothered as bike running best it has since fitting new exhaust:thumbsup:

Bear in mind - ALL tunes that are out there, were developed (or sort of sussed out) on one machine. On another they will only ever be an approximation.

Options
1) Live with it.
2) Get thee to a GOOD dyno tuner who knows.
3) Get tools to do it yourself and pester everybody for help. Spend hours and hours gathering data - make small change and start again.

Now for some of us Option 2 is not actually an option. Option 1 - really isn't for me either. So....................................

option 4 Add ATV and AT. My DP's were seriously going to be junked before I did this - the transformation was great and as I can't find a tuner I'm really very pleased with this set up...at last

Back