Triumph Quick Release R3 Touring Sissy Bar

That Looks Like A Nice Sissybar/backrest, But Where Is The Luggage Rack? Triumph Really Has Their Heads In The Sand To Put Out A Touring Edition Bike And It Not Come With A Luggage Rack. Rademis

Does anyone know if the new quickly removable sissy bar ( A9758067) that Triumph makes for the touring model can be installed on a standard or classic Rocket 3? I need to purchase a sissy bar for my wife but would prefer to get one that is easily removable. My dealer doesn't have a clue. If it's something that can be modified to fit I'm not reluctant to do whatever is required but I don't want to spend $400+ on parts I'll just end up returning.
What do the rest of you use for a passenger backrest?

Thanks for your help! :D
Grant

You can see a large photo here: Link Removed

Since the new tourer has a 180 rear tire, the fender is much narrower than ours. Anything can be modified with the right amount of money, effort, and time but I don't think this accessory will be what you want or need.

I wasn't aware Triumph had one manufactured. The one in the picture is a rigid mount.

Notwithstanding, any quick release mount would either rattle or flex in my opinion.

You could go with the pictured one and just unbolt the bar and pad. In that respect mine is also removable as is all the Triumph branded ones. Maybe not quick release, but will release in due time.......:)

My Corbin quick release does not rattle.

I've run quick detach setups for years on Harleys without rattles, etc... I can't imagine the R3T being any different. In fact, I can tell you the Triumph piece is a better design. The locking mechanism (the brackets, not the keylock) is all metal. HD's locking clips are hard plastic.

Also, the HD brackets slide on from the back, meaning the c shaped hooks that lock into the docking station face toward the front. That's always been a head scratcher for me because the stress (weight of passenger) comes from the front (pushing back on the rest). I've never seen or heard of it happening, but in theory if the mechanism broke, the backrest would fly off the back possibly taking the passenger with it. And, given that the locking mechanism is plastic, well... ;)

The Triumph backrest hooks from the front like one would expect so even if the mechanism broke, it still be darn near impossible for the backrest to come off.

Finally, Triumph does make a luggage rack for the backrest.

For RocketDaryl

Daryl, if you get a chance could you get a picture of the rear fender with the seat off and also a picture of the underside of the R3T seat. There has been some talk of trying to get the R3T seat and put it on the Classic and on the face of it, it is not possible. Something could possibly be engineered to make it fit, but it will take some work. The R3T seat has a hole in the rear fender for a pin from the seat to insert into it and it also is bolted in the front with two bolts...one on each side. The attachment set up is nothing like the Classic or the Stock Rocket.
Dennis

R3T Sissy Bar

The Triumph sissy bar set-up for the R3T is really nice, however when I got mine I had trouble getting a backrest pad. My dealer and I solved the problem by substituting a Thunderbird backrest pad. It's a bolt on deal with a little bit different look from the back, but fully servicable. It kept my wife from killin' me from her experience of "going her own way" from the torque of the Rocket. Marty

Back