Triumph Quick Release R3 Touring Sissy Bar

Xchoppers

.060 Over
Does anyone know if the new quickly removable sissy bar ( A9758067) that Triumph makes for the touring model can be installed on a standard or classic Rocket 3? I need to purchase a sissy bar for my wife but would prefer to get one that is easily removable. My dealer doesn't have a clue. If it's something that can be modified to fit I'm not reluctant to do whatever is required but I don't want to spend $400+ on parts I'll just end up returning.
What do the rest of you use for a passenger backrest?

Thanks for your help! :D
Grant

You can see a large photo here: Link Removed

Last edited:
I wasn't aware Triumph had one manufactured. The one in the picture is a rigid mount.

Notwithstanding, any quick release mount would either rattle or flex in my opinion.

You could go with the pictured one and just unbolt the bar and pad. In that respect mine is also removable as is all the Triumph branded ones. Maybe not quick release, but will release in due time.......:)

The rear of the Rocket Touring is totally not the same as the regular Rocket III. The rear frame and fender is much narrower than ours, which would make the sissy bar narrower as well to fit.

Even if the fender bolts are the same spacing as ours, the RIII Touring sissy bar would be too narrow to fit our bike.

The rear of the Rocket Touring is totally not the same as the regular Rocket III. The rear frame and fender is much narrower than ours, which would make the sissy bar narrower as well to fit.

Even if the fender bolts are the same spacing as ours, the RIII Touring sissy bar would be too narrow to fit our bike.

Are you saying the Touring has narrow hips and a wide ass?:D

I wasn't aware Triumph had one manufactured. The one in the picture is a rigid mount.
The one in the photo is removable. If you look closely you will see a key slot on the side so it can be locked in place. It's a pretty cool set-up.

If the hole spacing on the standard Rocket 3 is the same as the touring model I will make my own back rest. Can anyone verify this is the case?

Thanks everyone for your quick replies! :D

Can't speak for the non-touring model, but I can say that the removable sissy bar for the R3T appears to be a quality piece of kit. I've had the R3T for about a week and I installed the removable sissy bar a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, it takes 3 different accessory part numbers to get it to the full set up. One for the bar, one for the backrest, and one for different fender trim (the chrome side panels). Since the R3T comes with a couple of extra lock inserts I was able to install the sissy bar and use my original ignition key to lock/unlock.

Once installed, it is very, very solid. On and off in a jiffy with no tools. Personally, I highly recommend it.

Just my 2 cents...

Steven

Back