Thoughts About This Lift

I've been looking for that jack, too.
There's a bunch on eBay. Less $$, Not sure how good they are. Kind of looks like they are all made by the same company, though.
1100 LB Wide Deck Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack Hoist Stand Bikes ATVs | eBay

I ordered a lift from Becker-Technik, but they had to refund my money because they do not ship to the USA. Bummer.
I think I may go with the JBQ plate : Jack-Be-Quick | JBQ Rocket III / R3 Lifting Bracket

And I'm not sure about the scissors jack or a bigger one from Harbor Freight.
I'll keep an eye here.

@wsk3: Thanks for the Pic. I didn't realize that scissors jack was that big. And I think I see JBQ on there too?

I've been looking for that jack, too.
There's a bunch on eBay. Less $$, Not sure how good they are. Kind of looks like they are all made by the same company, though.
1100 LB Wide Deck Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack Hoist Stand Bikes ATVs | eBay

I ordered a lift from Becker-Technik, but they had to refund my money because they do not ship to the USA. Bummer.
I think I may go with the JBQ plate : Jack-Be-Quick | JBQ Rocket III / R3 Lifting Bracket

And I'm not sure about the scissors jack or a bigger one from Harbor Freight.
I'll keep an eye here.

@wsk3: Thanks for the Pic. I didn't realize that scissors jack was that big. And I think I see JBQ on there too?

They come in different widths. I think my Black Jack is probably 6 inches wide and very sturdy. A friend gave me one of the red wider ones, about 10 inches or so, and I use it to lift my sidecar rig. Most on eBay ship free. I know, it makes you wonder just how good they can be but they seem to work just fine.

I am VERY wary of Scissor Jacks. Just about every one I have seen used on heavy bikes twists and flexes. For regular "light maintenance" I have a Becker stand (@Joesmoe - no I have not forgotten). But for more stability I have a support like the JBQ that my neighbour made me out of a bit of I-beam and a Hydraulic Two-arm Jack - except we welded a BBMF steel plate across the arms. The Jack also has outrigger arms. If I could get a full blown table-lift in that's what I'd do.

This is probably a good place to give some feedback on the Jack-B-Quick lifting bracket. I installed the rear only although a front one is available too.

It is really a nice piece of kit and is a perfect fit with no need to force anything into place. It took two of us to install it though because the fit/fitting alignment is so close. I suppose one could on a table lift, or a younger guy, but having to get up and down off the floor to go check the other side was just not in the cards for this old fudd.

I pulled the Touring into my Condor chalk and then my friend and I pulled the required factory fasteners to install the JBQ per the PDF instructions that Bob emails to the purchaser. We were constantly doing the "My side is aligned. How is yours?" routine. You install all of the supplied SS allen head fasteners finger tight, ensure all points are properly set and then torque it down.

As I mentioned in another post, I used a set of "feet" with my 07 Classic to lift the bike and they worked. They were home fabricated that a fellow Rocket rider in Oklahoma sent to me. One should always attach a piece of string from one of them to the handlebar though to remind oneself not to ride off with them hanging on the lifting holes.

The JBQ is a permanently installed bracket so that is not an issue. One can always do work arounds for lifting the Rocket withya piece of wood and all but I never want to put any pressure on the bottom of the engine. With these it is on the frame where it belongs. Love it.

Jack-Be-Quick | JBQ Rocket III / R3 Lifting Bracket

I, too, installed my JBQ bracket about two weeks ago. I wanted to go with the Becker-Tecknic lift, but could not get one here in the US.
I'm glad I went with the JBQ! Bob was great to answer questions and it fit like a glove. I was able to install it myself with no issues. (2010 R3 Touring).
I got the two rail jack from Harbor freight, a bit worried about the front rail, but using the lift with the rear rail about a quarter inch in from the JBQ bracket, the front rail sat right in between the two drain bolts on the bottom of the engine.
From what I've read, most of the weight is on the back part...almost the balance point. I thought about a single scissors lift to keep clear of the engine, but as far as I gather there's not that much weight on the front rail, anyway.

Any one have any idea JUST how much weight might be on the front rail? I could not squeeze a scale under there to measure it. (joke).

I'd recommend the JBQ. I plan on using that and the lift to keep the bike off the wheels during the winter. Might come in handy to clean the wheels, too.

Back