Thoughts About This Lift

It has a fairly small base. My mate uses them in the workshop as supports - i.e Front wheel clamped on a bench and use one of these to lift the engine.

But put an unsupported bike on - it WILL fall off. And probably onto you.

I have one like that.
I changed my clutch with it.
Drained oil first, then lifted under the engine just back of the front cover (piece of plywood to protect sump).
I removed the front wheel and replaced the clutch.
The bike sat on it for days, very stable.

But definitely not for lifting the whole bike.

If you look at the bottom of the link you posted, at the lower left:
Mine has those mini jackstand Y adapters.
I've used them to lift the back wheel by jacking under heavy bolts fitted to the lifting lugs at the back of the engine.

Last edited:
upload_2017-9-15_8-23-3.jpeg

I use it for additional support. The yellow lift, here, can rock.

I use a Big Blue bike lift from Quasar products. You slide under bike, attach to the ' Venter stand holes and then using a drill or socket set - raise the bike. Really stable piece of kit.

The venom jack would work better. Some of the less expensive models of scissor jacks have a problem with the rubber pad staying in place and can become a real problem. I use one just for additional support. Would not work out to well without a floor jack.

Ditto on all the above. I usually use mine with the bike strapped while the front wheel is chocked. I use it in on my harbor freight lift.

I use a Big Blue bike lift from Quasar products. You slide under bike, attach to the ' Venter stand holes and then using a drill or socket set - raise the bike. Really stable piece of kit.
Got a piccie? - I keep meaning to order one every time I come over to see mum with the car - forgot AGAIN. I have their thing for twin frame bikes (strong-arm?) - was excellent for the Harley back when.

The Big Blues are lovely , but proper money to buy !

I've used one for years on several different bikes. Mine is the Black Jack. I used to lift my 07 Classic with "feet" those lifting hoses. Difficult to describe. I'd lift the bike a few inches at the almost perfect balance point. I could then remove the front and it would settle on the rear. Or remove the rear tire. I'd also get some type of ride in chock. The Condor is over $200, and I have two, but Harbor Freight sells an adequate one for around $50.

I just installed the JBQ lifting bracket on my 09 and changed the oil using the scissors jack.

Back