R3T first riding thoughts . . .

I totally agree. A six gear trans. would have solved the issue. I did install a taller rear tire. I'm using a 205 60 16. I tried a 65 series, but it looked like it was going to be too tall. It may work with taller shocks. Other than that, for my 5'10" 32" inseam the bike fits me perfectly. I've never ridden a more comfortable exciting motorcycle. I've owned an 05 standard and now am 08 Tourer. I believe Corbin makes a seat that moves the rider back a little. Let's pray an updated Rocket is in the works with a six speed trans. with more electronic gadgets. I was also fortunate enough to install a set of Jardines before they stopped building them. With a remap and Jars. it truly is a cruiser on steroids. Even after riding a Rocket for 10 years or so, it still puts a smile on my face.
I sure hope to get to where you are now. I can make floorboard mods. The performance stuff though is a bit intimidating. Once I got 33.5 mpg then 26.5. Going for more performance and sound is attractive to me but I would not like mileage in the low 20s.

Getting rid of the heel shifter is the next thing I will do. Reason being that a couple of times while parking, I have accidentally banged it with my heel as I am trying to get the kickstand down.
I had the heel shifter cut off on my 07 Classic at my friends MC shop in Green Bay mid cross country ride. Fortunately it was easily removed on my 09 Touring. Never liked them

I sure hope to get to where you are now. I can make floorboard mods. The performance stuff though is a bit intimidating. Once I got 33.5 mpg then 26.5. Going for more performance and sound is attractive to me but I would not like mileage in the low 20s.

Your fuel mileage is very low. Even with my performance mods I rarely get less than 30 MPG. Highway is usually 38 running 70 or less. Make sure the air filter is clean and there is no restrictions in the air filter housing. I've seen paper towels left in the intake duct.

Your fuel mileage is very low. Even with my performance mods I rarely get less than 30 MPG. Highway is usually 38 running 70 or less. Make sure the air filter is clean and there is no restrictions in the air filter housing. I've seen paper towels left in the intake duct.
My bike is bone stock. Perhaps I have made a miscalculation but I thought that last one was terrible mileage to be stock. I did however romp down on it hard a few times that day. Thus far, 33.5 is the best I have gotten stock.

My bike is bone stock. Perhaps I have made a miscalculation but I thought that last one was terrible mileage to be stock. I did however romp down on it hard a few times that day. Thus far, 33.5 is the best I have gotten stock.
CANT expect good mileage racing around

Back