The darkside is wonderful

I didn't know that there is a limit speed :banghead: I've done the (was) unlimited 200k north of Alice Springs in under an hour with no adverse effects and another 200k in Western Australia (location secret) the same way. I'm presently running a Bridgestone "super cat" which is a bit harder in the sidewall and don't experience any of the problems talked about here.

Wrong Toro, dark side is for real men, ther rest dont get close to it because they cant handle it, we are the real deal:D
Hey dude your a brother even if ypu choose a tire only a sister would use. Don't blow up the LGBT/DS movement. Not to be mixed up with it closely related bowl movemenf :D god . Im chuckling :D

With due respect and just curiosity. One for our resident collision expert. Steve; I have experienced the "wooble" while on a CT at about 100mph as reported by others. Blamed it on the windshield. What causes it and how can it be mitigated or eliminated.

IMG_0760.JPG CT2.jpg IMG_1179.JPG

I have experienced the "wooble" while on a CT at about 100mph as reported by others. Blamed it on the windshield. What causes it and how can it be mitigated or eliminated.

I can't shed any science on this. But I can say the problem is definitely solvable (without returning to a motorcycle tire :p). For a while I exceeded 100mph on the CT every time I rode. Never a wobble. If anything, I might have had a wobble start at about 125. Since I nearly never went that fast, I didn't bother finding out if it happened consistently and if so identifying the source. For reference, that was on a 245 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. (And no, looking at that page I didn't pay $298. That's insane.) Pressure from memory I think typically was about 32psi. Not positive on that though. It's been a while.

It is not the tire itself causing the wobble. I run a General G-Max @ 36-38 PSI. I have only the flyscreen, no saddle bags or anything. I experience no wobble/shake at 133 MPH. Nerves and running out of straight road kept me from pushing higher.
upload_2018-6-7_7-21-42.jpeg

Like I said before, I'm no expert.
But I do notice the guys who can run a CT into the triple digits aren't on the Touring model.

The MTs I ran all went past 120 as stable at you could ask. Windshield, saddlebags full of crap, even two up; although exceeding 100 two up does result in a sharp pain in my side. (gotta figure that one out) :)
As soon as I put on my CT I got a weave. The bike doesn't shake or wobble, it just kinda lazily moves left & right like it was slow dancing with one of those sexy feminine CVOs.

I tried different pressures, added another bottle of Ride on hoping to counteract any imbalance issues; it was still there.
I haven't tried in months, and the tire does feel a lot better at slow speeds and more stable in good curves. So, maybe now that the CT is broken in better, I need to get it out on a open highway and give it another try.

So, Question:
Are there ANY Touring owners that can exceed 100 on a CT without issue?

Back