The darkside is wonderful

Why do you always want to ride on gravel? Dirt squirts are for dirt, Rockets are for roads.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::D:D
I saw you in the Adventures movie. Infinity War. The big guy (You are evil in this movie, but that's not you). His voice is you. I got a kick out of it

I ran a ? darkside on my 2010 Touring, with no shake over 100. 120 was top on my touring, don't remember taking the darkside that fast, but wouldn't be afraid to do so. The simple fact is, motorcycle tires go on motorcycles. Car tires go on cars. In the end, a motorcycle tire handles better. You don't have to throw it into a turn. You don't have to throw it far or hard, but you will be tossing it around.

I ran a ? darkside on my 2010 Touring, with no shake over 100. 120 was top on my touring, don't remember taking the darkside that fast, but wouldn't be afraid to do so. The simple fact is, motorcycle tires go on motorcycles. Car tires go on cars. In the end, a motorcycle tire handles better. You don't have to throw it into a turn. You don't have to throw it far or hard, but you will be tossing it around.

Would you mind posting the tire you ran?

I have a Roadster with a car tire out back. I experienced wobble around 80mph until I upped the pressure on the rear tire. I run 42psi now. I’ve had it to 140mph. No issues whatsoever. Plenty of off the line grip. Went 11.80 at the track with this setup. All stock except for a single straight through muffler (custom setup) and a rough tune(no dyno tune)

I developed a small wobble at speeds from 40 to 90 mph, only when i let go of the handlebars, have not gone any faster, motorcycle tire, have not searched cause, any ideas where to start? do i need to go back dark?

I now run an Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire - 205/60R16. I have a friend with a Wing who talked it up and I rode his bike. Have been wanting to try DS for years. So I got one. Friend has a mounting machine in his garage. I put 3 oz of tire beads in the tire for balancing. Started with 23 LBS, like I heard on this forum. Did not like that. Put in 32 pounds and left it there. I can't count the times I've been in the ton. The Touring starts to wobble (slightly) at 120, windshield (wider and taller Clearview w/vent) and me, even with the MC tire. Still does with the CT. I believe this would disappear with the windscreen off. the DS tire doesn't seem to affect speed variances. Turns , yes. Those that followed me at Stearns through the twistys said it looked good and well planted. This tire is kinda rounded at the edges. I have had the bike up to the 127 mph max.The biggest noticeable difference is when I let out the clutch in first and snap it, She pops up like a Coonass on a Carppie. It use to only impress my friends, now they go WOW!

I saw you in the Adventures movie. Infinity War. The big guy (You are evil in this movie, but that's not you). His voice is you. I got a kick out of it
I watched the trailer. THAT'S ME! Certainly not as handsome but I did the voice over.

+
I developed a small wobble at speeds from 40 to 90 mph, only when i let go of the handlebars, have not gone any faster, motorcycle tire, have not searched cause, any ideas where to start? do i need to go back dark?
You're already half there my brother.:p:p:p

I'm running 36psi. Tried 38 but the ride started getting too rough.
Thinking about it, last time I tried, I still had my stock shocks and springs. I have 440s and progressives now.

Yeah, I think I need to get out of town and give it another go.

Back