This is only for darksiders

Am running a 225/60-16 on the rear of a Roadster. Only have 1000 miles on it so not sure how far it will go yet.

Have read that some running the 245/60-16 are having rubbing issues.

When contemplating a new tire size, have found this calculator very helpful. 195/70-R16 vs 205/70-R16 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

Try to select a size found at any Canadian Tire or WalMart if you travel a lot. Had a weird size on a previous bike that required special ordering. Left me stranded in Newfoundland on a holiday weekend several years ago when it shredded itself. Was an old tire.

On the front?
Now now, by posting this reply I’ve already used up my quota of posts on the topic And besides, the OP hadn’t clarified what sort of vehicle he needed tyres for.
Time to 🤐 although the “rubbing problems” comment was almost too good to pass up. 😏

I tried a Yokohoma 205/55/16 run flat tire a couple of yrs ago and did not like it, for the roads in Qc. are probably the worst in all of North America . I am trying this season a 195/55/16 Brighstone Tourismo . Roads are not any better but the fact that it has a more rounded profile I believe it will handle better . Only time will tell . Will give comments after a couple of thousand kls .

Now now, by posting this reply I’ve already used up my quota of posts on the topic And besides, the OP hadn’t clarified what sort of vehicle he needed tyres for.
Time to 🤐 although the “rubbing problems” comment was almost too good to pass up. 😏
I was going to post an outlandish size myself...In my business, I often get asked to quote on a particular item, which could range from $1500 to well over $500000. When no specifics are detailed, I always quote on the $500000 and wait for the astonished replies...

@tribal jim runs this and he is hellll to keep up with. Maybe Jim can clarify, and im not yet a darksider but would like to add what i saw, one time at an event Jim had a darkside on and i told him jim that tire lifts and goes to an edge when youre slinging it in and through curves but that riken never leaves the ground. That riken stays planted it rolls but it keeps the footprint contacting asphalt. Thats what i saw and we were rolling too the limit trust me we had broke apart from pack and were getting it. That tire was amazing
BC97490D-63F8-4D46-8B49-7F8793B34E17.png

Last edited:
Back