The darkside is wonderful

I developed a small wobble at speeds from 40 to 90 mph, only when i let go of the handlebars, have not gone any faster, motorcycle tire, have not searched cause, any ideas where to start? do i need to go back dark?
I've had that problem. Tighten up the steering head and it stopped.

I saw you in the Adventures movie. Infinity War. The big guy (You are evil in this movie, but that's not you). His voice is you. I got a kick out of it
Avengers .jpg

With due respect and just curiosity. One for our resident collision expert. Steve; I have experienced the "wooble" while on a CT at about 100mph as reported by others. Blamed it on the windshield. What causes it and how can it be mitigated or eliminated.

IMG_0760.JPG CT2.jpg IMG_1179.JPG

Many things can be the culprit.
Look first to the CT.
I chased this down on my V2K.
Mine came down to the front Metzeler and early cupping.

Touched five over this morning on the way to work before running out of open road.
No wobble, shake or weave. :)

I'm not sure if the tire having a few thousand miles on it now is performing better or if the suspension upgrades did the trick but I'm a happy camper.

Next time I'm out of the city limits and on an open highway I'll try twenty over.

My experience (regarding handling, not frugality) is exactly the opposite. My least favorite times running a 245 darkside are long highway rides. The wide flat tire wants to match the crown of the road. Applying constant pressure to the bars hour after hour to keep it from leaning right on the crown gets old. It's the long straight highways that have made me want to switch back, not the twisties.
I experienced the same. Dropped to 235 helps much. 225 and it almost goes away

I have debated on going far side for years now. I don’t understand what took me so long. Just installed a 245/50/16 BFGoodrich sport comp 2. This morning I took the bike on my 45 mile trip to work that contains 10 miles of twistys. It only took a mile or so to figure out how it wanted to corner. I took a few 45mph posted turns at 55-60 and the bike felt very planted. It does tend to wander a bit but that’s to be expected with a 10 inch wide flat tread on a motorcycle. Lol. I would definitely recommend switching especially if one takes long highway journeys. The center of my Metzler was showing cord after 6500 miles. Mostly due to the fact if I hit full throttle in first it would just smoke the tire. And that’s hard to resist. At half the price of an me880 and even if it only goes 13k miles it’s four times better than a bike tire

A guy at work runs the same tire on his moped. He pulls the key, jumps off and it parks itself.

Back