The darkside is wonderful

Rayamx69

.020 Over
Ride
06 Standard
I have debated on going far side for years now. I don’t understand what took me so long. Just installed a 245/50/16 BFGoodrich sport comp 2. This morning I took the bike on my 45 mile trip to work that contains 10 miles of twistys. It only took a mile or so to figure out how it wanted to corner. I took a few 45mph posted turns at 55-60 and the bike felt very planted. It does tend to wander a bit but that’s to be expected with a 10 inch wide flat tread on a motorcycle. Lol. I would definitely recommend switching especially if one takes long highway journeys. The center of my Metzler was showing cord after 6500 miles. Mostly due to the fact if I hit full throttle in first it would just smoke the tire. And that’s hard to resist. At half the price of an me880 and even if it only goes 13k miles it’s four times better than a bike tire

I have debated on going far side for years now. I don’t understand what took me so long. Just installed a 245/50/16 BFGoodrich sport comp 2. This morning I took the bike on my 45 mile trip to work that contains 10 miles of twistys. It only took a mile or so to figure out how it wanted to corner. I took a few 45mph posted turns at 55-60 and the bike felt very planted. It does tend to wander a bit but that’s to be expected with a 10 inch wide flat tread on a motorcycle. Lol. I would definitely recommend switching especially if one takes long highway journeys. The center of my Metzler was showing cord after 6500 miles. Mostly due to the fact if I hit full throttle in first it would just smoke the tire. And that’s hard to resist. At half the price of an me880 and even if it only goes 13k miles it’s four times better than a bike tire

Great to hear. I tried this on my last rocket and couldn’t get on with it at all...mine felt like a barge.

l-6592.jpg

Couldn't resist :)

CT2.jpg 3826.jpeg 3827.jpeg IMG_1180.JPG

The Raptor was too small. The smaller diameter was not favorable. I would try a larger diameter CT. At $164 plus install... The Exedra Max handles better when the bike is leaning. For straight long haul, the Raptor is better. For those in the know; Is the Exedra Touring any different?

You won't get a lot of love here for running a car tire Ray. I do it because it is cheap and it handles well in the speed range I ride in. It has been well established here that if you are going to ride at or above 140 mph you should probably put a MC tire on it. If you obey posted speed limits you will be ok. :D

Ran the same tire. Now we run a bridgestone motorcycle tire. Much better.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: No matter what i did to the bike around 110 mph developed a wobble. On top of that got tired of the bike wondering on its own while riding city streets. I ride a lot and tires do not last long but will probably never go back to the darkside.

Last edited:
Back