Fastarno

Standard Bore
Gone to the darkside with the rear tire. I LOVE IT. Looking to put a rear tire on the front. I love to get input on tire brand, size and handling

A number of fellows have used rear motorcycle tires on the front. I think @1olbull has done it. You have to make sure you reverse the rotation of the tire though. The tread layout between the front and rear motorcycle tires is totally opposite. That means a rear tire on the front rim will have the direction of rotation reversed...

Michelin Road5 150/70
:eek: And to think peeps seek knowledge on goggle says.....

How many miles does a Michelin Road 5 last?
3000 miles
Michelin claims even after 3000 miles a new Road 5 tire will perform just like a brand new PR4.

So are they saying a brand new PR4 is about as good as a worn out Road 5.

But then goes on to recommend rotating your motorcycle tires. :laugh:

Most motorcycle manufacturers recommend rotating the rear tyre every 7000 miles, although it can be done every time the oil is changed. It is crucial to rotate the tyres because the front tyre wears out faster than the back tire, and the front tires lose tread more easily. :unsure:

But but but...I always go through two or three rears for every front. C'mon man. :roll:

Gone to the darkside with the rear tire. I LOVE IT. Looking to put a rear tire on the front. I love to get input on tire brand, size and handling
I'd never run a car tire.
But the BEST front tire for a Rocket Roadster is the Michelin Road 6 rear mounter backwards.

I'd never run a car tire.
But the BEST front tire for a Rocket Roadster is the Michelin Road 6 rear mounter backwards.
So far I agree with this. I’m not a fan of the CT on the rear but putting one on the front sounds dreadful. Who is the member that brought a blue Rocket with odd fat tires to Richwood? I recall he admitted it did not handle well.

Back