The darkside is wonderful

The first two sentences seem at odds?;)

Solution to the second is reduce the torque and hp by %50.:D:D

Not really at odds. I shop around and expect a value for cost.
Dealers & tire shops charge me a premium to change a tire and pay the least experienced ...uh...tech?.. in the shop a pittance. Which results in poor workmanship. They also mark up the tires or charge extra if I bring my own.
Tire changes are relatively easy with the right tools (which aren't cheap). So, I get my value for cost.

OTOH, I like Dunlops. They may not be the most expensive tire out there; but they're far from the cheapest.
Like I said, if I find a tire I like for the R3T; I'll pay what they ask. So, it's not about money.

As to the second part!!!??? BLASPHEMY! HERETIC!!!:cautious::cautious: :evil::evil::cautious::cautious:
1.8.jpg

I see a good point made. I would just plan the needs into the trip along with he funds.

I’m not Richie anything but I plan my buying and budgets to account for all the maintenance and total cost of motorcycle ownership.

It appears the dark side riders have their own criteria set and that ends any debate. You ride yours and I’ll ride mine.;)
Dude its the kinder gentler LGBTQ/DS
Its got nothing to do with right wrong or like sex what it was originally and the mucked ways to do it now!!!

Dude its the kinder gentler LGBTQ/DS
Its got nothing to do with right wrong or like sex what it was originally and the mucked ways to do it now!!!
What is q/DS? I know what that other mucked up stuff. I guess they don’t call it the dark side for nothing.;) You can’t convince a dark sider that it is tires a mucked up.:p

What is q/DS? I know what that other mucked up stuff. I guess they don’t call it the dark side for nothing.;) You can’t convince a dark sider that it is tires a mucked up.:p

The Q was added for QUEER!
I've never have understood the differences of all those terms.
Ain't Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Tranny all Queers?
I reckon it to be an exercise in redundant terms.

The Q was added for QUEER!
I've never have understood the differences of all those terms.
Ain't Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Tranny all Queers?
I reckon it to be an exercise in redundant terms.
Yep

I tried several different tires for the Touring. There always seemed to be a compromise between grip and longevity so I didn't feel like I was getting the best tire for the machine.
The tires I liked needed to be replaced at least twice a year. That's a big inconvenience.

I change my own tires, partially because I'm cost conscience (frugal, cheap whatever :)) and partially because I don't like the inconvenience of taking the bike to a shop then re-checking their work when I get it back home.

Like several of the people here have stated; I wanted to try it so I could "know" for myself.

It took a little time to get used to and I think it took the tire about 1k miles to break in and get comfortable. The tire handles GREAT under triple digits. I'm hoping a different CT may work better next year (at least up to 120 on a closed track ;)).

It's not really about money. I just put a tire on my RM and went with the OEM Dunlops. They aren't cheap but they are a good tire for the machine.

When a MFG makes a MT for the Touring that will get 10k+, not slip sideways from a moderate start and give decent wet traction; I'll pay what they ask.

For me and for this machine. I like the CT.

Scott
Which tire are you running? My Yokohama Envigor starts to shake at around 100. 90ish if there are grooves in the road.

Which tire are you running? My Yokohama Envigor starts to shake at around 100. 90ish if there are grooves in the road.

I'm running the Envigor too.
I get a weave around 100. Not enough to scare the skid marks out of you, but enough to make me throttle down. :(

99.9% of the fun is below the ton anyway. But, on the occasion I want to show a fellow rider what she's got; I would prefer to take her a little higher.
So, next spring I'm going to try a different CT. If I can't find something I'm happy with it's en-tire-ly possible I might go back to a MT.
Heck, maybe I need to check out a wider rear rim. Somethings gotta give me a season of riding on good grip!

I also run the Envigor and I have done short burst up to 110 or so with no shake.
I am rarely on the open highway where I can go faster, so don't know how it would behave at higher speeds.

I have the latest version of the Raptor sitting on the floor waiting to be mounted.
The shoulder tread extends further down the sidewall so I wanted to give it a try.

Back