Suggested Top Mods

Well, so far I have done the Stebel Airhorn, Progressive shocks (big help), H4 head lamps and now the Eastern Beaver realy kit, and installed the Keyless Ignition and all of these did nothing for performance. I have the K&N filters which is next and possibly the GiPro with ATRE and definitely a Riken Raptor ZR. I'll think about removing the secondaries, still on the fence on that one. Been out riding today, all electrical mod's working really well:D.

That's great advice on the horn - the thought had not even occurred to me and I think I'll definitely follow through on that.

Thanks for the informative response Hellfire. Greatly appreciate it.

I checked my pipes and they state, "Not For Road Use" so I'm assuming that is TORS.

I just ordered the Gi Pro ATRE for Triumph which should be arriving in a few days time so that is a go.

I'm going to order 3 x K & N RU-2780's as suggested. Am I assuming correctly that I should not ride the bike after installing the K & N's until it is tuned with the Power Commander?

I'm a little squeamish about removing the secondaries. Is there a good how to thread that someone can point me to?

Lastly, sounds like it is probably wise for me to stay away from the Tune ECU. If I do all of the above (PCIII, K & N's, Gi Pro, Secondaries) is there any added benefit the Tune ECU can offer or is that just a different path to the same goal?

Thanks again for all the responses folks - greatly appreciate it as always!
Did you order the small filter for the crank case vent? Look back on a sticky thread for the part number and easy way to install it. Once you get into the filters and see the throttle plates, you will see how easy it is to remove the secondaries.

Okay, it took me a while to find but are the 2 filters below what you're talking about?

62-1340 (for crankcase breather)
62-1560 (for air temp sensor)

Is there any downside whatsoever in reliability in making these modifications? I want to take my Rocket on some nice, long multi-day road trips. Will the Rocket be any more finicky due to mods?

As well, I'm assuming that installing the Gi Pro ATRE does not require any type of change in tuning via the Power Commander. Is this the case?

Thanks a bunch.

You will need the crank case breather but the other is optional, I suggest putting the probe into the airflow by making a hole in a filter on a TB. Of course the other way is to just lay it on top of the valve cover, the filter is to protect it from damage and grime.

Yes, you can just install the GiPro all by itself with no other modifications necessary. It is just tricking the ECU by making it think you are in 4th or 5th gears so the 7% factory power reduction is bypassed. no fuel trim's are changed by using one.

I've done all the Power Commander route stuff, PCIII, triples, GiPro, secondaries etc ... and I take it on trips, Niagara Falls double-up with luggage, and never had any reliability issues.

Horns was the second stop on my trip at Daytona Bike Week. I stopped at rivco and Rich, the President, installed a set of Magnum Electric horns for me. we decused the location and I had him take a strong look at installing them at the same location as where the factory horn was located. It worked very well in fact. He mounted them on the underside of the lower tripple tree. He turn them to face to the side as to keep the bugs and water out as much as possible. They are 118 decibles and sound great.

Hiya Johnny thought I would throw in my recent experiences as they relate to the work you are doing.
Regarding removing the secondary plates they are held in with 2 M4 I think screws which are quite tight as the ends are peened over to prevent them vibrating loose.
Note- these should not be used again, either buy new ones or use thread lock if you decide to re- fit the secondary plates.Also be careful these screws do not drop into the fuel injection system, a magnetic screwdriver is useful.
Now the tricky bit, if you are fitting tripple K&N filters its no problem but otherwise re-fitting of the plastic plenum is a bloody nightmare. To assist lube up the insides of the 3 inlets of the plenum just enough to make it slippery, also a long thin flat bladed screwdriver helps to get the plenum seated correctly as you dont want any leaks.
Finaly if you have lifted the tank up and sat it on the wand{ I made a longer one from a steel rod), just check that none of the vacuum pipes have come loose as this will make the engine backfire etc.
hope this helps, Mark from UK

Thats ok John, also meant to say at present I also have TORS with no cat and I recently fitted the GIPRO. My next mod will be the tripple K&N filters. I am going down the TUNE ECU route and have downloaded the software but will not tamper with this until I get someone who has used it to show me whats what (Captain Jack are you listenning)?Remember if you tamper at all with inlet or exhaust modifications then you will either have to get a dealer to put a new map on your ECU, or download a software programme and install it- dont do this unless 100% confident you know what youre doing , or take to dyno tuner.

Back