Throttlebody Mods and Tune

If it helps, remember a throttle body has absolutely nothing to do with fuelling. The ECU controls fuel via injectors. Throttle body is an AIR valve.

Sorry to hijack thread but one of the tech guys on here will know the answer, my tick over seems a little slow when starting and have read it can be raised in tune ecu which I have tried to no avail,when you have put in higher figures is that it or do they have to be saved ,if so how? Cheers guys.

Sorry to hijack thread but one of the tech guys on here will know the answer, my tick over seems a little slow when starting and have read it can be raised in tune ecu which I have tried to no avail,when you have put in higher figures is that it or do they have to be saved ,if so how? Cheers guys.
After you raise the idle rpms in the map you have to save the map amd then install it. Just click on the file tab up on the left and click save file. When the box pops up you will have a chance to rename it. Or leave it the same. If you rename it you will still have the last file saved so if needed you can go back. Just to clarify for any changes to take affect in a map you must save the map file and then re-intall it in your bike.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
After you raise the idle roms in the map you have to save the map amd then install it. Just click on the file tab up on the left and click save file. When the box pops up you will have a chance to rename it. Or leave it the same. If you rename it you will still have the last file saved so if needed you can go back. Just to clarify and changes to a map you must save the map file and then re-intall it in you bike.
Hope this helps.

Really appreciate that Warp thanks for the rapid response!

After you raise the idle rpms in the map you have to save the map amd then install it. Just click on the file tab up on the left and click save file. When the box pops up you will have a chance to rename it. Or leave it the same. If you rename it you will still have the last file saved so if needed you can go back. Just to clarify for any changes to take affect in a map you must save the map file and then re-intall it in your bike.
Hope this helps.

If you save the map, can you simply upload/download the map to the ECU then or do you have to choose and load the map then download it to the ECU? In other words does saving it allow the changes to be immediately be upload/downloaded to the ECU?

If you save the map, can you simply upload/download the map to the ECU then or do you have to choose and load the map then download it to the ECU? In other words does saving it allow the changes to be immediately be upload/downloaded to the ECU?
If you just saved it and its the oone in view on the screen then you should be able to load it
Ive done it multiple times on the falcon while on a 500+ mile ride. With tune boy! So same principle. The down load will happen faster as its not over writing much just the changes.

Well well, Alain came through because he’s amazing and disabled codes p0222 and p0638, the two codes that come up when you remove the secondary stepper and tps respectively. Tested and ridden today, no codes came up.

So, now, if one were so inclined one could unbolt all the secondary hardware, fill the shaft holes with appropriate material and have nice clean shots down the TB. No need to bore them to clean up air flow for the built motor guys.

Please PAY ATTENTION to the tables and rev limiter!!!

MAP:
https://www.r3owners.net/resources/my-tune-read-the-description.28/download?version=28

Hi Rob

Thanks for this we have been pushing this around for a bit and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind?

Is there something in the MAP above (that's not accessible through Tune ECU) eliminating the fault codes?

Have you removed, and unplugged, the secondary stepper and TPS, or just tucked them under the tank? Reason I ask is I thought that if you unplug them it would also produce a fault code, as there would be no circuit.

Or is it just a simple matter of changes to the tuneECU values that mean this equipment is not engaged or operated?

Reason I ask is I'm a big fan of just getting rid of unnecessary engine junk (like the secondaries), the above map is for a Roadster and is not compatible with my/our earlier bikes, if its just a matter of changing a few setting in a MAP I'm OK with that but if its more we will have a problem. Our work to date had been making a small locking plate for the TPS and I was going to use some resistors to trick the stepper motor, but by the looks there's an easier way.

A while back I had both these alarms come up on my bike (2005) and it was a devil of a job getting them to go away as I could nto see any settings or adjustments on Tune ECU so had to keep clearing and tweaking the parts till it went away, not very satisfying.

Any help appreciated.

Sleeves it’s not a user accessible option, it’s a rewrite of the ECUs base coding that eliminates the engine code.

If you send me your tune I’ll forward it to Alain and see if he can do the same for you.

I have them totally uninstalled no stepper or secondary TPS anywhere on my bike now.

If anyone else is considering boring their TBs, be advised, the fueling is completely different before and after. My tune before I broke my transmission was pretty much spot on in the low throttle/rpm and cruise throttle/rpm area. Look at the fueling differences now! Just from the table ou can easily see, the midrange flow is up significantly and the very low opening at low rpm is down, exactly as you would expect. What I didn't expect, was just how much fuel was needed midrange to compensate!
Tune Adjustments.png

Ahem - And the pressure tables? - Bad DeadPool!.

@Claviger and Mr @Speedy - Have you any reading material explaining the THEORY of MAP (load based) tuning. There are one or two things I am concerned about based on actual vs relative manifold depression - due to my running altitude variances. 600m to 1200m altitude usually - but dropping to sea level on my distance runs. And I have plans for some HIGH alpine work maybe next year - 2000M and up.

I have just had to put the entire exhaust and maps to standard for the MoT test.
But after intend to go balls out into the MAP thing - with plenum and dedicated PCV MAP sensor.

Ahem - And the pressure tables? - Bad DeadPool!.

@Claviger and Mr @Speedy - Have you any reading material explaining the THEORY of MAP (load based) tuning. There are one or two things I am concerned about based on actual vs relative manifold depression - due to my running altitude variances. 600m to 1200m altitude usually - but dropping to sea level on my distance runs. And I have plans for some HIGH alpine work maybe next year - 2000M and up.

I have just had to put the entire exhaust and maps to standard for the MoT test.
But after intend to go balls out into the MAP thing - with plenum and dedicated PCV MAP sensor.
Doesn't the Rocket have a dedicated ambient air pressure sensor that adjusts fueling for altitude (pressure) changes?

Back