I thought they were limited on speed until you play with the ECM. I meant "off the shelf"

Oh they are indeed - until intake and exhaust is improved AND a proper dyno-tune is performed.
Just FYI - my 2012 R3R hits 160 rwhp with the stock engine and modified intake & exhaust..

I chickened out a little over 140 mph with bags and windshield, and plenty of power left ... still working on the steering damper project, to go faster next year.
160rwhp, just like Bull, also without engine modifications. Filter, pipe and a good dyno tune.

A couple years ago on my ‘06 classic, I ran it out to 130 on the speedo, thought ‘dang it’s not done! This thing will do 150!’
Thirty years ago I’d have twisted it out, these days I think more of the friction factor...

A couple years ago on my ‘06 classic, I ran it out to 130 on the speedo, thought ‘dang it’s not done! This thing will do 150!’
Thirty years ago I’d have twisted it out, these days I think more of the friction factor...

Trust me, Amigo, your "friction factor" change would be microscopic at best between 130 mph and 150+ mph.

Back