The most I've seen is 225kmh which is about 140mph - 22 years ago my then new zxr 600 would do 250kmh before running into factory-fitted fueling problems with about 3000rpm to redline.

My top speed with all the gear as per my avatar was 211kms / 134mph with a tune that has limited to 218kph bike felt as if it had heaps left in her

Top speed? Big deal, I have beaten Harleys, Yamahas, and Ducatis in the back yard slow speed races on Brahma. I say a far more right to brag! Okay, okay, I have seen 120 on the GPS but didn't try more. Right now with my clutch slipping, I can just get over 90mph and no more...

Last edited:
69362_bc1529d5b384cdc8894e7118d5cae80a.gif

I think the top i ever saw on my R3R was 120ish MPH. But I am like @barbagris you have to stop looking after your speed becomes faster than your reaction time + bike physics.

My SDR also about 120... in 3rd gear and the front wheel was coming up, even with wheelie control on... Still trying to acclimate to a bike that power wheelies so easily

On my bike, which has exhaust, k&ns, and a hanso tune, i reached a speedo indicated 140. I don't know if i had a speedometer correction in there at the time. It was still pulling slowly, but i don't think it had more than another 5mph in it.

I had the same thoughts. Just how fast would my 09 RT3 really go? I took off the bags, trunk and put the stock wind screen on. My bike has a Han's tune, a set of tors, improved air intake and a opened exaust path.
We had a local highway (I-94) that had been capped with new paving. I happen to know the day shift patrol Sargent for the local county. After promising crap I could never follow up on, a cruiser right behind me, I gave the Rocket the twist. 1st my helmet twisted. Fixed that problem and tried again. The best I was able to do according to the man in blue was 131 mph. I was 55 at the time and was scared silly. Still was fun....

Back