STS Auto indicator install

Pete

Life's a Beach
Ride
2011 Roadster
Installed the STS auto cancel indicator system. Works a treat. Senses speed and direction so turns indicators off on the run.

When I’m acting my age I have no trouble with the manual off switch but when I’m searching for red line and concentrating on trajectory out of a corner I often forget to cancel until way past a safe distance.

Installed the black box behind the overflow tank and installed two “o” rings over each switch return spring in the switch assembly to limit the switch throw rather than using the foam disks supplied with the kit.

001C930E-542F-4E4E-A889-3B436D9BF168.jpeg
CA079823-A204-4F85-B294-3CAC2A650EE9.jpeg
DA66C72E-7E1C-46C7-9A5A-AD80721ED39B.jpeg
28286679-82D5-4644-BF21-B756E235F4A5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok
The STS kit allows for a selection of two foam pad sizes and if your nervous about opening a Pandora’s box of springs and ball bearings the pads can be inserted into the back of the switch block with a bit of patience. The thinner of the two foam sizes is equivalent to the two “o” rings I installed per side.
I opened Pandora’s box and spent the best part of an hour finding the bits that escaped. If you attempt this I suggest you unclip the lid and remove slowly holding the lid parallel to the switch box. If you do as I did and lift one side first it allows springs to release unevenly.
The switch block has two internal siding blocks each with a captured spring at the end to move the block back to the centre. The foam insert stops the spring compressing fully and prevents the switch mechanism from latching. I used dialectic grease during assembly of the switch block to slow the springs behaviour.

B8FBDBEF-9540-4E28-98E1-56EC20C9EE67.jpeg
16DDD8EB-DEE3-4CE0-A986-18ED2F8B4080.jpeg
2126B870-AE21-44B6-8075-D4DE9A04EB3B.jpeg
03DF821A-C75B-4463-ADDE-B8AE19E36DBD.jpeg
19CCF35B-7A8A-43F0-9E7B-D1A0CE2F4407.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would there be a way to make motorcycle mirrors with blind spot warning? For some stupid reason people like to hang out in this spot. Most people don't even know what the "blind spot" is or that they are putting your life in danger if they sit there where one can't see them. They think "I'm in my lane duuuuu" If you invade their lane they are quick to honk but by no means stay off another car's blind spot.

Is that the bracket for the bearclaw that you used? nice write up it looks good.Now use it more as a back-up device as is always turn off your signals yourself.
Not the bear claw
I fitted a right angle .5mm sheet metal bracket to the top mounting bolt for the over flow bottle.

Would there be a way to make motorcycle mirrors with blind spot warning? For some stupid reason people like to hang out in this spot. Most people don't even know what the "blind spot" is or that they are putting your life in danger if they sit there where one can't see them. They think "I'm in my lane duuuuu" If you invade their lane they are quick to honk but by no means stay off another car's blind spot.
I thought I read the new Goldwings had a blind spot alert like a car. Maybe just discussed.

Back