Rivco Risers install issues

Walking Tall

.060 Over
Ride
2018 Phantom Black R3R
What I thought was going to be an easy upgrade has apparently been incredibly difficult. My '18 R3R has been in the shop since I high sided it back in November of last year. I asked them to install the Rivco's for me while the bike was there. Yesterday I got a call from the Service Department, multiple cables are too short, ABS break line's too short, even wiring may be too short. Am I getting fed a load of b.s. or do these 'bolt on' accessories really require all this additional work and expense to install? Any feedback would be appreciated as this is one of the final hurdles to getting my bike back after nearly a year in the shop. 🙁
W.T.

They should be able to reroute the cables such that it's not necessary for all new cables and hydraulics. I swapped my original bars to classic and that kit came with new cables and hoses, but when I added the Rivco risers to the equation the routing had to be changed to accomodate the extra pull back.

Run them behind the triple tree
I've heard of doing this before. I don't know if they even thought of that. Seems like that may create a pinching or kinking issue though. I'd asked the shop to install the Rivco's while the bike was in for crash repairs but they claim they're not able to do so without extensive (and expensive) modifications.

I replaced my stock lines and clutch cable with Custom made extended ones. HEL will make them in any length with your choice of color fittings.

Back