Rivco Risers install issues

Rocket III clutch and dual pull/push throttle cables.

More to come...

Last edited:
What I thought was going to be an easy upgrade has apparently been incredibly difficult. My '18 R3R has been in the shop since I high sided it back in November of last year. I asked them to install the Rivco's for me while the bike was there. Yesterday I got a call from the Service Department, multiple cables are too short, ABS break line's too short, even wiring may be too short. Am I getting fed a load of b.s. or do these 'bolt on' accessories really require all this additional work and expense to install? Any feedback would be appreciated as this is one of the final hurdles to getting my bike back after nearly a year in the shop. 🙁
W.T.
I did the upgrade on my 14, The hard lines under the coil on the right side are bolted to the frame. Both lines use a single bolt, but they have separate clips on them built into the junction that connects the hard lines to the flexible lines. I removed the single bolt and fabricated a bracket that allowed me to move the brake line about 3/4" to allow ample clearance. I did have to straighten the bends in the hardline, gently, but not much. The throttle and clutch cables were rerouted and had plenty of room. The wiring was not problem.

Here’s a copy of my order from HEL. +2” brake lines with original routing of lines. The clutch cable, not listed, was +4” from Barnett.
553995EE-6CB0-48C0-B4A0-950A9AABCD66.jpeg

As stated earlier by the OP he has an ABS Roadster and the HEL kit is a 6x hose kit for ABS Roadsters.
I have one in the shed.

Part Number: 6 HOSES HBF8014​

1659367599154.png
Yes, I know….just wanted to show that HEL makes the custom length lines in many colors and fittings. I directed him to check their website for his ABS application. He wanted to know how extra long the lines needed to be when installing the Rivco risers and the receipt shows that +2” worked well for me. I didn’t want to reroute the stock lines behind the triple tree as others suggested.

Last edited:
Rocket III clutch and dual pull/push throttle cables.

More to come...

Do you know if any of those work on a 2018 Roadster?

Usual dealer ****. If it ain't standard they can't or won't do it.
Yep. If I remember correctly, I suggested they put the risers on when the front end was disassembled to service the forks and swap the springs out. That would've been the best time to re-route cables and the brake line.

Do you know if any of those work on a 2018 Roadster?
The Classic and early 04-08 cables will fit the levers and end mounting points/connections of the Roadster and the Classic ones may be slightly longer from comments /posts in old threads as they came with floorboards and pull back bars requiring extra length. I have not compared mounting points for the R3Touring but they are likely different at bar end despite being longer than Roadsters for similar reasons to Classic but likely different connections.

Here is another supplier from Germany with available versions and pricing in Aussie and US $.
Aussie

US $

Aussie

US $

Aussie

US $

Aussie

US $

Aussie

US $

Aussie

US $