Made it to Estepona in southern Spain which is my base for a week.
Going to speak to triumph dealer on Monday, can solenoid be bought separately does anyone know?

This problem been haunting me since I have owned my r3. Read all posts concerning this checked everything does anyone know if you can get these Nippon denso upgrades in the uk?
Might give the solenoid repair kit a go first

This problem been haunting me since I have owned my r3. Read all posts concerning this checked everything does anyone know if you can get these Nippon denso upgrades in the uk?
Might give the solenoid repair kit a go first

The link I posted above is in the UK.

Guys need some help.

Half way through a European trip and the bike has started playing up.

Key in, lights come on, kill switch on, needles sweep and injectors prime.

Press starter button...loud click and nothing, keep trying and at some point it starts normally.

I have eb kit fitted and I've checked the earth on the starter.....ideas?
Sounds exactly like the issue we spoke about @DEcosse my 2010 Roadster still does it even now with the standard starter re fitted

The link I posted abovjae is in the UK.
f

Hi thanks for the link for solenoid repair kit was wondering if the denso starter motor upgrade could be bought in the uk and if so does anyone know where ?

Sounds exactly like the issue we spoke about @DEcosse my 2010 Roadster still does it even now with the standard starter re fitted
I think we determined that was due to the voltage sag from your Lithium battery with the initial drop from surge current as starter engages?
As the voltage drops below the threshold, the ECU disables the starter relay.

In this case, the headlight goes out (I presume it stays out if you just keep holding the button @Iaraza) - which says the starter relay is switching.
This one sounds like the solenoid (assuming the headlights remain out with the button pressed)

I think we determined that was due to the voltage sag from your Lithium battery with the initial drop from surge current as starter engages?
As the voltage drops below the threshold, the ECU disables the starter relay.

In this case, the headlight goes out (I presume it stays out if you just keep holding the button @Iaraza) - which says the starter relay is switching.
This one sounds like the solenoid (assuming the headlights remain out with the button pressed)

I'll double check this when I get to the bike tomorrow.
I just need a 'get me home' fix (if such a fix exists), then I can sort it properly.

Back