Starter issues

Emmoth

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster supercharged
Okej guys, I know the starter questions are quite common, but I have some issues!

First up I had an oil leak where the oil came from the evac channels behind the dry sump, which I was able to sort out by noticing that the valve cover gasket was not in place after I changed the camchain and valve adjustment, but now I have problems getting the bike started, the starter engages for like a second and then cuts out, and the starter sounds weak, not the distinct sound it used to make

I have a brand new lithium battery with 600 start amps
I have checked the relay and made the relay mod,

And last night i took apart the starter, cleaned everything and tried it when of and it had a good kick!

Is it supposed to pour out oil when taking away the starter motor? Like half a liter, or is this my problem caused by the leakage from the vc gasket?

Stator is soaking in oil right there. It’s obvious you know what youre doing after cam chain and valves, if the starter is messing up you are probably right in your own diagnosis, i dont know how long between your work and the starter issues though 😉, just playin. Just change out to toyota starter many have done and rock on, you will need your gear and iirc you need the rebuild kit from england for a couple parts and its like 20 bucks. After the swap I haven’t heard of any of the toyota starters going bad.

Stator is soaking in oil right there. It’s obvious you know what youre doing after cam chain and valves, if the starter is messing up you are probably right in your own diagnosis, i dont know how long between your work and the starter issues though 😉, just playin. Just change out to toyota starter many have done and rock on, you will need your gear and iirc you need the rebuild kit from england for a couple parts and its like 20 bucks. After the swap I haven’t heard of any of the toyota starters going bad.
Yeah I have a new starter on the way, the thing is just that when I tested the starter I didnt think it worked badly, and just a little dark color on the copper inside the solenoid

I've driven like 50km since the valve adjustment, then found the leakage and in the same time the bike would not start, when I located the leakage there was some oil on the 4th ignition plug, and it was then I realized that the gasket wasnt fully in place, but wiped everything clean and brake cleaned every Electric pieces with traces of oil

I don't remember buying any kit when I changed mine, it was a few years back, but I think you use the old nose cone and plunger. It was self explanatory, if I recall

Even if it is brand new you need to have a volt meter on it when you hit the starter.
If it is less than 9 volts it will disengage and sometimes will then reengage to make a rapid clicking noise.

I don't remember buying any kit when I changed mine, it was a few years back, but I think you use the old nose cone and plunger. It was self explanatory, if I recall

I agree
I don't think it comes with directions but is easy if you don't disengage the brushes.

Even if it is brand new you need to have a volt meter on it when you hit the starter.
If it is less than 9 volts it will disengage and sometimes will then reengage to make a rapid clicking noise.
On the starter or battery?

Back