Starter issues

I don't remember buying any kit when I changed mine, it was a few years back, but I think you use the old nose cone and plunger. It was self explanatory, if I recall
He's probably referring to the solenoid rebuild kit. Where all the power transfers. Check the contacts and the contact surfaces on the plunger. Or take the new plunger out of the starter you robbed the motor off of and shorten the spring rod.
If you're going to try cleaning the contact area with the original starter motor check and clean the motor brushes.

Trying to post a video when I hit the starter but the app wont allow me?

I think that you have to post it to you tube then put a link here.

I can hear the starter engage but it sounds like it cuts out just when it starts to crank and under load! I have also changed the ignition coil for spark 3-4 to rule out any problems since the leakage! But the thing is i tried with to friends helping me to get a running start without luck, which I thought would rule out any issues with the starter, but no luck :(

I am going to say that there are about a hundred starting problems so we have to get technical with our words in order to diagnose this problem.
Are you holding down the starter button while this is doing the thing in the video?
What is the volts when this stops cranking and then does the 2nd crank?

Sorry for bad spelling tonight, but a couple of sad beers when it didnt start again and an autocorrect trying to get everything swedish to fight against 😅

I would try to jumpstart it to see
What happens cranks good or same old same old

Back