FittedBuckle

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
Hey everyone. A few days ago I was trying to start my Rocket 3 touring and noticed when i pressed the start button, it would attempt to turn once and then quickly stop followed by the fuel pump resetting. What I mean is after the initial fuel pump charge when you turn the key, I pressed the button and after the half turnover fail there would be a pause before the fuel pump would charge up again. The battery is on full charge so I'm not quite sure what it could be. Was looking for pointers before I take it into the mechanic. I wonder if it might be the starter but I'm not entirely sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring

Check all battery connections, including the other end at the starter motor for cleanliness and tightness. Be especially careful at the starter motor as it is easy to get a big spark if you get your tool too close to the wrong thing.

Try tightening all battery connection . ( starter and ground ) Try starting . Make sure your battery is charged . Try starting . The starter relay is found on the right side, behind side cover close to the battery behind the fram ( not easy to get at ) just make sure wires are bottomed out to make a good connection . One other thing how old is your battery . I have found R3T battery won't go pass 3 yrs in the Triumph . I exchange batteries and use the old battery to start my emergency generator . ( It last 2 more yrs )

Back