Small upgrade on turn signals.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Got rid of the led clusters in the original purchase of the aftermarket turn signals. Took a bit but well worth it.

Bright is a understatement. Nice fit after grinding a bit and waterproof. Cluster's cost a arm and a leg.

IMG_0889.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0892.JPG
IMG_0902.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Arlen Ness turn signals that were retrofitted to accept Custom Dynamics 1.80 amber clusters. Was very disappointed with the original purchase due to the brightness of the turn signals. Got to thinking and ended up with some really bright turn signals that look sharp.

If anybody needs the spec's for making these - just say and I'll look them out. 10W LED's
SINGLES.JPG

Didn't you do a red running/brake and amber turn setup too? do they put out too much heat for constant running light conditions? maybe a smaller wattage for running?
Like maybe 3 W running? Bright is good, but too bright on the rear could be distracting/blinding.

Maybe "blinding and distracting" is similar to those old bumper stickers that started, "If you can read this..." ?

I had two incidents where i almost got ran over. Both times driver in car could not see my turn signals due to the location of the sun and their relative position. Both times happened while taking a on ramp heading south from work. That is what got me started on finding a way to improve on the arlen ness aftermarket turn signals. Not over done but a lot safer due to brightness of new LED clusters.

Driving is one thing, but when you're stopped behind retina burning brake or turns at a light it RUINS night vision. I like bright headlights too, but I REFUSE to ride in front of my brother's bike at night! And before you say it, he does need to adjust them a little!

I had two incidents where i almost got ran over. Both times driver in car could not see my turn signals due to the location of the sun and their relative position. Both times happened while taking a on ramp heading south from work. That is what got me started on finding a way to improve on the arlen ness aftermarket turn signals. Not over done but a lot safer due to brightness of new LED clusters.
Yes, there are bright and then, " Oh my Gawd!!! I'm blind! " That in between is what I'm looking for too

Didn't you do a red running/brake and amber turn setup too? do they put out too much heat for constant running light conditions? maybe a smaller wattage for running?
Like maybe 3 W running? Bright is good, but too bright on the rear could be distracting/blinding.
They were designed as Indicator and "Flashing Brake with a time limit". ;) - So no heat issues at all.
If I were to do Indicators and tail - I'd mount the Orange one centrally and two 1W

TWINS.JPG
I only ever made 2 sets - The other set went to a mate in the UK.

Back