Advice Needed: Upgrade intake with unknown tune on PCIII

verticalspark

.060 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I have an 05 with a stock air box configuration and full Jardine exhaust and have been looking at either buying the K&N pod filters or Ramair as an upgrade over the stock but I have an issue. I was tearing the bike down to get a good visual inspection and found a Power Commander III with an unknown tune on it. While there is a tune available for the Jardine full exhaust, Stock air filter and Dynojet O2 Sensor Controller, there are only 5 options and none of them support anything over a stock air box.

Has anyone run into this similar problem or running a similar set up?
Adam

Attachments

• 2022-08-20 11.57.10.jpg
    2022-08-20 11.57.10.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 7
I'd put whatever filter you decide upon on and ride then make a decision if you need to get a new tune. If so then I'd work toward a direct to ECU tune.

I'd put whatever filter you decide upon on and ride then make a decision if you need to get a new tune. If so then I'd work toward a direct to ECU tune.
I ended up doing a full service and left the tune alone. I pulled the plugs and they look great so I figured it wasn't running too rich or lean so I left well enough alone.

Power Commander with a custom dyno tune so you know it's right. I keep bikes for years so good enough for me isn't good enough.

Back