oczad

.020 Over
Hi, I own a Tbird but i sometimes post here for certain questions that are common to both bikes. Being 700+ Lbs bikes with a lkot of torque like the R3 and Tbird, they eat tires like crazy so i figure this is a good place to ask. The reviews overwhelmingly suggest they handle fine, and at my age i've been slowing down anyways so i'm not real worried about that. What i AM worried about is how often i have to change the rear tire. So have any of you used shinko on the rear and if so how was the mileage compared to others like avon etc? I always seem to get 6k from every rear tire i try but at about 30% cheaper then my usual avon i gotta wonder if they last. If not i'd just go with the avon spirit st again. But being retired on a shoestring, $ is a big factor. So anyone have experience with shinko vs others as far as mileage? If so, what model?

G'day Daz, good to see you again. I used a couple of Shinkos on the front and they were okay - nothing to write home about, but okay. Can't remember the model though.

In general Shinko tires are OK. They are well made. They are just not considered to be "Performance" tires. I have owned several motorcycle that came with Shinko tires on them. Never had any problems with them. Never wore any of them out either.

Ahh, ok. Had i known they don't make them in a size for the R3 then i wouldn't have posted. Thanks anyways.

I wonder, is it considerably cheaper than the Exedra Max from Rocky mountain? Their prices are very good, and my rear just turned 8500 on a bike strong bike, it's still not quite to the wear bars. Surely it'll last 10k+ on a Tbird:
20191015_135211.jpg

Im think by about 9500 it'll be completely done.

Ahh, ok. Had i known they don't make them in a size for the R3 then i wouldn't have posted. Thanks anyways.
Its no problem bud. I did 4un the 18 inch 240. Good tire real cheap compared to the others. It was on my supercharged bike so I can not speak to longevity except I could burn it up as fast as the others. But I was down right hard on them.

Back