Lamuraz

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R
Hello,
I bought a 2023 triumph rocket 3R a few weeks ago.
I went on a 140 miles mountain roads yesterday and I have to say that the Avon cobra chrome really impressed me.
I know that Avon closed shop and nowhere in North America I was able to find a set.
I found a couple vendors in Europe so I ended up buying one set from one EU vendor. Not cheap!
I would have gone with the Metzeler cruisetec if I couldn’t t find the Avon but again no one has the 240 size in North America.
I have to say that the handling of this bike really surprised me. It handled extremely well.
Beautiful bike all around. Very well done.
I am now waiting for the competition werkes exhaust, the quick shifter and the Bren tune.

Yes.
It surprised and impressed me too. I haven't ridden the bike with any other tyres than Avon CC's but, they seem to do an excellent job.
I managed to get a new set of Cobras a while back when I discovered an online tyre retailer was giving a bit of a discount on them.
They still weren't cheap, but it was an opportunity too good not to take up at the time, and now they are even more scarce, i'm very glad I did.

Hello,
I bought a 2023 triumph rocket 3R a few weeks ago.
I went on a 140 miles mountain roads yesterday and I have to say that the Avon cobra chrome really impressed me.
I know that Avon closed shop and nowhere in North America I was able to find a set.
I found a couple vendors in Europe so I ended up buying one set from one EU vendor. Not cheap!
I would have gone with the Metzeler cruisetec if I couldn’t t find the Avon but again no one has the 240 size in North America.
I have to say that the handling of this bike really surprised me. It handled extremely well.
Beautiful bike all around. Very well done.
I am now waiting for the competition werkes exhaust, the quick shifter and the Bren tune.
metzeler are harder and meant to last longer, Avon doesnt last longer as its performance/sports grade tire. but people are using metzeler without issues, i cant risk whole bike with metzeler, I have no issues finding Avon in USA.

metzeler are harder and meant to last longer, Avon doesnt last longer as its performance/sports grade tire. but people are using metzeler without issues, i cant risk whole bike with metzeler, I have no issues finding Avon in USA.
Hello.
This is why I like the Avon. I do a lot of canyon riding and I need sticking tires. They do not last as long but I can trust them.
Can you please let me know where you find avon for the rocket 3 in the USA? They closed shop at the end of last year.

Thanks.

Back