Eroy

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3R
I have a 2022 Rocket 3R. I was wondering if anyone has tried the ME888 tires on this bike. I have had no issues with the Avon CC tires. I just like to try different options to compare performance. If there is a known issue with the Metzler tires on the 2020+ Rocket 3 I’d like to know beforehand. Thanks in advance. Cheers

I'd highly recommend Exedra Max on the rear and a number of different options on the front. Dunlop Elites being my personal favorite.
That has a 55 profile, how does that effect the handling?

Yeah, I’m just interested to see if anyone has tried the ME 888 on the post 2020 Rockets. Thanks for your reply.👍

That has a 55 profile, how does that effect the handling?
It improves the handling by shortening the rake and is a better (and much more inexpensive) tire.

The fender mod is super easy, that is IF you've ever stayed in a Holiday Inn. :thumbsup:

It improves the handling by shortening the rake and is a better (and much more inexpensive) tire.

The fender mod is super easy, that is IF you've ever stayed in a Holiday Inn. :thumbsup:
Would I need to make that modification on a '06 Rocket III (Just bought one that has a **** car tire on the back)? The specs for the '05-'08 Rocket III's call for 204/60's, whereas the newer Rockets call for the 50's.

Would I need to make that modification on a '06 Rocket III (Just bought one that has a **** car tire on the back)? The specs for the '05-'08 Rocket III's call for 204/60's, whereas the newer Rockets call for the 50's.
the excedra max would fit great on yours and handles great.

No, on the 2.3s you are good to go. Just mount it- that's all. 👍

Well, I just had my first annual service done and got new tires. Couldn’t get the Avons or the Cruistecs. My only option was the ME888. I’ve got about a hundred miles on them in the twisties and straights, about 50/50. They are surprisingly great. They stick well, seem just as good as the Avons. They are supposed to get more miles, we’ll see. I’m happy with them.

Back