David

Standard Bore
Ride
2007 Rocket lll
Has anyone gone with Bridgestone Tires? Can't find Avon Cobra's and had a shop suggest going to Bridgestone using a 240/55-16. I see Bridgestone Exedra Max has one that size and just wondering if anyone has gone to this since about $100 cheaper than Metzler or Avon.

Yes. There are many posts on it. Many of us feel it's the best option for the 2.3s.

I run it on the 2.5 3R, as well, but most people seem hesitant to try it there for some unexplainable reason.
did you use spacers on the rim with bridgestone 55 tire?

Youll find the Bridgestone Exedra Max a good tire for your Rocket. Being a 55 profile it will lift the rear a tad making the bike steer into the corner a bit better too.I have had them on two different Rockets and have one in my shed waiting to go on the GT. Both tires i got around 16000kms out of them so pretty good.

did you use spacers on the rim with bridgestone 55 tire?
No mods on the rim. You have to lift the forward (main) rear fender 1" on the 2.5s

Last edited:
Most folks have positive things to say about the Bridgestone's. I found them much better than Metzler's but they didn't give me the confidence Avon's do. Everyone has their own "Feel"... If I had no choice, I'd run them again. Thankfully, up to this point, I've had the choice... I run Avon's on all three of our bikes.
-MIG

Thanks everyone.. I just ordered me the Exedra Max for rear and the Shinko SE890 for the front since it's a radial tire as well and is in the correct size. Got both for the price of one rear in either Metzler or Avaon.

I can't find a Cobra Chrome 240 anywhere. All are 'out of stock' and I'm guessing the closing of the Avon motorcycle tire plant in the UK by the end of this year killed the supply over here. Too bad as I really liked the Cobra Chrome. If they can be found I'm betting you have to mortgage the house to get one.

Back