G852 is not an internally reinforced tire like the Emax. Grip is about equal or very nearly equal. G852 wears very quickly because it flexes too much.

G852 at the edge of the tire, flexes the sidewall a LOT, and feels very very good, but it dies even faster than the ME880, like 2k miles.

G852 is not an internally reinforced tire like the Emax. Grip is about equal or very nearly equal. G852 wears very quickly because it flexes too much.

G852 at the edge of the tire, flexes the sidewall a LOT, and feels very very good, but it dies even faster than the ME880, like 2k miles.

Thank you, sounds like the G852 is one to avoid.

ok good points; i've tried the shinko before up front wasn't crazy about the handling i guess its the 140 and 150 avon is all that is left for the front tire; anybody else?

ok good points; i've tried the shinko before up front wasn't crazy about the handling i guess its the 140 and 150 avon is all that is left for the front tire; anybody else?
Michelin Road 6 in a 150/70R17 rear run backwards. BEST front for the Rocket!

When it was time to replace the tires on my 2015 rocket x, i couldn't find avons anywhere..Not in stock
20240220_180045.jpg
... I called Bridgestone and asked a motorcycle rep. what tire was the suggested match the rear Max.....this was his suggestion..... and i have been quite happy.:cool::cool::cool:

Does it work this good in rain to? Hydroplaning comes up when I research this as water is pushed to center instead of out.
To tell the truth, Barbie, I have mellowed in old age and stopped hooning the twisties long ago.
I have never Had any issuees in the rain with the Road 6. Truth be told, This tire was a noticable improvement in the twisties, WAY MORE SO than any front tire I have used on 2 Rockets in 13 years, 93k miles and likely 5 or 6 front tires. Being a rear, it has more rubber and extended mileage. On a nice warm summer day, it grips like hot gum in your hair!
My first serious hoon was up Mt. Lemmon in AZ. Instead of decreasing lean angle when draging my boards, I found the front tire so solid I could easily keep the board dragging while feeling it flex until greasing the apex. HUGE IMPROVEMENT!
If you love fanging the twisties try one you WILL love it!
Even though tis ZR rated, likely a no-go on the salt and perhaps the mile?

To tell the truth, Barbie, I have mellowed in old age and stopped hooning the twisties long ago.
I have never Had any issuees in the rain with the Road 6. Truth be told, This tire was a noticable improvement in the twisties, WAY MORE SO than any front tire I have used on 2 Rockets in 13 years, 93k miles and likely 5 or 6 front tires. Being a rear, it has more rubber and extended mileage. On a nice warm summer day, it grips like hot gum in your hair!
My first serious hoon was up Mt. Lemmon in AZ. Instead of decreasing lean angle when draging my boards, I found the front tire so solid I could easily keep the board dragging while feeling it flex until greasing the apex. HUGE IMPROVEMENT!
If you love fanging the twisties try one you WILL love it!
Even though tis ZR rated, likely a no-go on the salt and perhaps the mile?
I have a different settup for the mile, i just successfully fitted a roadster/classic rim on my touring and was gonna give the 6 ago for my everyday hoonin settup and see how i like it on the touring.

Back