I have just changed my 2014 R3 roadster tires to Avon Chrome and it has made a great improvement. It seems to ride like a different bike. The front tire was worn unevenly and the rear was a little squared off but so i do not know how much that effected the ride but it was cornering like a dead weight before and now it is 100% smooth on cornering. An amazing change really.
I just had to share this with the forum. An expensive job but worth it.

Having the same , Front and rear Avon Chrome boots fitted tomorrow . Nice to know I have made the right choice . Metzler's currently on the bike .

Excedra max and regular cobra
34.5. And 34.5
In 6 miles it is 36.5 and 36.5

Ive had a decent run out my Cobra Chrome rear...it has slid a couple of times in heavy heavy rain but so would any tire i guess...diesel on the road etc.....I am going to replace it with the Exedra max for two reasons...First, they are 170 bucks cheaper than the chrome and second, i have had real good mileage out of the previous two exedra max's on my previous Rocket....They are 55 profile compared to the chrome at 50 so the stance will alter a bit.
Re the tire pressures, i think it depends on your riding weight as to the best pressures to smooth the ride out.
I go maybe 115kg with my gear...i was heavier but have cut the sugar intake!!...i run 42 rear and 38 front...works good for me.
FWIW..here in NZ a Chrome rear...240/50 16 is about 500 bucks nz...the Exedra 55 is 329 bucks nz.

Yessir wont be disappointed 👍👍

WHAT THE FOCK HAS HAPPENED TO MY BIKE !!!.
Just had the cobra chromes fitted and it handles really well , It just drops into the bends and is a lot more manoeuvrable , hardly need to counter steer, It just turns . I honestly didn't think it would make this much difference . You're not kidding I definitely am not disappointed . o_O:):thumbsup:

Back