Rocket nearly killed me

If you ride your Rocket like any of these guys you are asking for a tank slapper! I think we are talking about more general riding, at reasonable speed. But if you are going too fast and the rear starts to slide just add more power, your rocket has plenty :evil: :

Great! It's good to know how well bellow it's limits I ride my Rocket :ninja:

I'd REALLY like to get a head count of how many owners experienced this.

Put me down as another victim ,but my Touring just wore down the first half of the cog due to incomplete engagement plus it"chipped" of the edge of gear the circlip looked like it had been forced on and was disformed
a last thing Friday afternoon assembly job maybe

From what gears 5th to 4th ? Just curious so I can figure out fork movements at the time?
Warp, I have no memory of the first instance of the original lockup due to a concussion. I wasn't even sure what the hell caused the crash until 4 weeks later when I took it out again. I'm pretty sure I was downshifting from third to second when she locked up. Look at the pics I posted in my other thread if that helps.

From what gears 5th to 4th ? Just curious so I can figure out fork movements at the time?
Come to think of it, there is no way I was downshifting to second on THAT curve the first time around. So maybe the gear was just floating around in the box with no circlip to reign it in.

Back