Powerbronze in the U.K. have a hugger extender for that. Looks like the ant's pants.

IF you can get one. I tried, but got "out-of-stock." For a new product????
They probbaly made a single short run... to see how it sells and make adjustments to price before a big production run. I will call them in the next few days to get the low down and report back.

The response from Triumph below.

As i suspected, it was a conscious decision to fit something unsuitable on the basis of looks alone, no provision of an alternative, so no solution pending.

No use as a tourer with a pillion if it's damp out.

UK Aftersales Cases <after.sales@triumph.co.uk>
13:46 (1 hour ago)

to me

Hi ***** (redacted)

Thank you for your feedback that was received via at Telephone call to the Triumph GB office with regards to road spray from the back wheel on your Rocket R.

I’d like to explain to you that this aspect of the motorcycle was heavily considered during the design and testing stages of this model. A number of different rear hugger sizes were trialled and tested which all offered variable levels of rider protection and atheistic appeal.

The hugger that is fitted to the final production version of the Rocket 3 was chosen based on it offering the best all round performance in terms of minimising road spray without spoiling the overall image and styling of the motorcycle.

There were options that provided more protection but came at visual cost and it was decided that the option that is fitted, provides adequate protection and helps compliments what I’m sure you’ll agree are the fantastic, modern, sleek and stylish looks of the new Rocket 3.

So thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback which is always appreciated here at Triumph Motorcycles and I hope that you can see this feedback had previously been considered and for the reasons behind the final specification of the bike and not an oversight.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you many safe and enjoyable mile on board your Triumph Motorcycle.

Kind Regards
****** (redacted)
Triumph GB

Yeah it showed 4 left when I ordered.it.

Looking forward to you review.... a video from behind before and after in the rain or wet roads would be very useful too...

Maybe a full hugger type mudguard for the winter months could be made up....

AS well as the Powerbronze front hugger extension, it shouldn't be too hard to make a up a forward extender for the rear hugger. If it could be attached/removed with say three
wing nuts it would look OK.

When off, the holes could easily be blanked with little rubber grommets or suchlike.

Dream on, Ruzzle................

Back