Results - Rocket Std, Maddogs, Staintune cat elim, Ramair and ECU tune

Look to be honest, I was prepared to do a return to sender on it. I told him not to refund me in the end and that I'd rather just submit a complaint to eBay and give him negative feedback.

The clock probably cost him all of $1. By refunding me, I cannot give him feedback as the refund ends the whole transaction. I don't even see the item in my purchase history anymore. I guess him gifting me the clock was his attempt to avoid the formal complaint to eBay. That might be OK for me but what about all the other poor unsuspecting buggers who get swindled by this dodgy seller in future. My complaint to eBay is really for them.

So ... the clock arrived eventually. It didn't work. I changed the battery and now it works.

It has a different face to the one pictured, is not gloss black as the one pictured but matt black.

Just as well it ended up being free because I certainly didn't get what I originally paid for.

Good old maddog pipes , the original supplier was a guy called Aussiebikerdave (guess where he was from) one of the first after market pipes for the Rocket it cleaned up the rear end by getting the pipes in parallel with the bike, I had a set on my 2005 for twelve years before I sold them to our very own Rocket Scientist who is an exhaust whore.

Hi there,

Been a while since I was here. Not a lot of riding done in the last 12 months (although I did do a SS1600K Iron Butt ride in July) but it is time to get back to it proper.

To that end, I finally got the old girl on a dyno.

RocketDynoChart.jpg

143HP at the wheel. Which I'm told is a little under 170HP at the crank given the expected drivetrain losses on the Rocket.

Considering the fairly minor mods this thing is running, that'll do me. It runs a lot smoother as well and doesn't hunt the way it did.

Picked up a few HP which is always a win. And it doesn't smell so fumy.

This weekend, it's going in to get the suspension sorted out.

Last edited:
Suspension sorted. Ended up re-springing and re-valving the YSS rear shocks and the forks. Took it for a nice long ride today and it's unbelievable. It actually goes where I point it. Who'd have thunk such a thing could be possible on this great big fricken land barge?

Now I just gotta work on the seat a little bit more.

Famous last words.

Back